Crew surgery

Yusuf Khan

Apr 16, 2021
Hi. I know the main hospital is not accessible but has the crew's surgery/hospital on c deck ever been explored? It's under the forecastle so it should be relatively intact.
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hi. I know the main hospital is not accessible but has the crew's surgery/hospital on c deck ever been explored? It's under the forecastle so it should be relatively intact.
Thanks!
It was, actually! the bottles were described to be intact and everything, still on the shelves. There aren't any publicly released footage/pictures yet, but there is footage of them exploring the Crew's Galley in 2001, if you're interested! :)

I hope this helps, and Welcome Aboard!

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
It was, actually! the bottles were described to be intact and everything, still on the shelves. There aren't any publicly released footage/pictures yet, but there is footage of them exploring the Crew's Galley in 2001, if you're interested! :)

I hope this helps, and Welcome Aboard!
Probably from the fabled "rough cut" (which was about two and a half hours long) of "Inside the Titanic".

It was shown to a few dozen lucky people before it had to be drastically cut for the network. Parks Stephenson was one of those invited to view the original cut and said it was a phenomenal viewing experience.

It would be jaw dropping to see that original cut.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Probably from the fabled "rough cut" (which was about two and a half hours long) of "Inside the Titanic".

It was shown to a few dozen lucky people before it had to be drastically cut for the network. Parks Stephenson was one of those invited to view the original cut and said it was a phenomenal viewing experience.

It would be jaw dropping to see that original cut.
Hi Seamus!
there's a 2 and half an hour cut of "Deep Inside the Titanic"?????? (I think that's what you're referring to, the 1999 Discovery Channel doc?)

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Seamus!
there's a 2 and half an hour cut of "Deep Inside the Titanic"?????? (I think that's what you're referring to, the 1999 Discovery Channel doc?)
That's the one aye. It was indeed a cracker.

According to Parks Stephenson a two and a half hour (or thereabouts) rough cut was shown to those who had been involved in making the program plus a few Titanic historians etc. Stephenson said it was incredible !

IIRC Stephenson also said that there were two different cuts of the film that were sold for syndication and that each has footage that the other does not.

Just dug out my UK DVD copy there. It's only fifty minutes long. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Mar 18, 2008
Germany
According to Parks Stephenson a two and a half hour (or thereabouts) rough cut was shown to those who had been involved in making the program plus a few Titanic historians etc. Stephenson said it was incredible !

IIRC Stephenson also said that there were two different cuts of the film that were sold for syndication and that each has footage that the other does not.

That is a real shame. :(

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
That is a real shame. :(
Isn't it though!
Bill (Sauder) said what we have seen so far is based on the public interest. In documentaries, the base wrecksite we have seen is only 10%!
(I wonder what the percentage would be if you've seen the James Cameron footage or the NOAA 2003 bits)
Isn't it said RMST inc has recorded 800+ hours of the Bow, Stern, and Debris field?

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
Isn't it though!
Bill (Sauder) said what we have seen so far is based on the public interest. In documentaries, the base wrecksite we have seen is only 10%!

Yes for public interest. Most would not know what they were seeing, the bow is the most famous and recognizable part and so it's always mainly the same pictures.
I remember that they show at Titanic Exhibitions (back in the 1990s) they show footage from video dives including footage which was never shown on TV or made it on DVD.

Yusuf Khan

Apr 16, 2021
Thanks for the replies everyone! It's a shame that footage hasn't been released but at least there is some footage out there, maybe someday it will see the light of day.
Also, I'm new to this forum and I just think it's awesome how active this place is and that there are so many people discussing the Titanic and other ocean liners!

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Thanks for the replies everyone! It's a shame that footage hasn't been released but at least there is some footage out there, maybe someday it will see the light of day.
Also, I'm new to this forum and I just think it's awesome how active this place is and that there are so many people discussing the Titanic and other ocean liners!
agreed!

And welcome aboard, this is your new home, with us ;)

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Found the Crew Surgery, with those intact Medicine Bottles
Ghosts of the Abyss, 2003, Jim Cameron 2001
C-Deck Crew's Surgery, intact bottles still in place 2001.PNG