Crews quarters

W

wendi parker

This is probably somewhere in this site but i sure cant find it. i apologize before hand if its something already talked about!
happy.gif

Were the Captain's quarters the same as the rest of the officers cabins or were they special in some way?
i think i have seen pictures of plumbing from the capitain's bath but i could be wrong.

Just point me in the right direction and i will go from there!

thank you!

wendi
happy.gif

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hi Wendi, the Captains quarters were located on the Boat Deck in the area immidiately behind the navigation bridge on the starboard side. He had his own sitting room, bedroom and a private bath, which was far more then anyone else had, even some of the 1st class passangers. ET has a set of Titanic deckplans available if you care to check it out. They can be accessed through the index page.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Sam Brannigan

Feb 24, 2007
Wendi

There is a rather poignant photo of Captain Smith's bathtub on the index page. Click on "Wreck Photographs".

Regards

Sam

W

wendi parker

thank you, see i thought i knew what i was talking about!!!!
happy.gif

I found a better detailed plan in Haas's book, cant remember it off the top of my head. those of you who have extensive Titanic book collections, know which one i mean. anyway i got it copied and was able to get a good look at his quarters!
happy.gif

wendi

W

wendi parker

Yep thats the one. the sad thing about it is that I just got done reading the book and still couldnt remember the name of it.
I have to say that my local library is getting use of its inter library loan service!
I am now working through 'the night lives on'... and right about page 83, pages are missing. what a let down that was!
i hope i dont have to wait weeks to read 20 pages!
happy.gif

wendi

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Twenty pages missing??? Bummer!

If this is a library book, I hope you let them know what you found. Clearly, it needs to be replaced. You might consider ordering some of these titles yourself too, that way, you don't have to wait forever on them, and they'll be there when you need them.

Cordially,
Michael H.. Standart