Cruise Ship Tycoon CDROM

• Thread starter Catherine S. Ehlers
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catherine S. Ehlers

My 12-year-old daughter just purchased a CD-ROM called "Cruise Ship Tycoon". To play this game, you are the manager of a cruise line. You get to choose a ship (small, medium, large, and fancy) and routes (Caribbean, Hawaiian, Mediterranean, Scandinavian, Alaskan, South American, even one transatlantic), and you get to build your ship by installing cabins, places to shop and eat and get pampered, and then you have to set out with passengers. My daughter loves to play this, and I love to watch her. What interests me is that with every ship, with no exceptions, the very first thing the passengers complain about is - there's not enough alcohol. The second thing is that there aren't any places to shop. Third, they have no places to rest. Fourth, there aren't enough restrooms. Do people go on cruises to shop and get drunk?

Not only that, but there are disasters of all sorts out there. Your ship can run aground. You can hit an iceberg. Or, as happened once to my daughter, your ship can be devoured by a giant squid!

Seriously, this thing is really a lot of fun. I would recommend it highly if you'd like to try your hand as the manager of your very own line.

Cathy

John Clifford

Mar 30, 1997
What interests me is that with every ship, with no exceptions, the very first thing the passengers complain about is - there's not enough alcohol.
They've, obviously never been on a Carnival or Cunard trip, then. A friend of mine noted that on many of the Carnival excursions, they always are trying to pedal the drinks.
For me, when I was on the QE2, in 1997, there were plenty of places on board ship, to get a drink.

The second thing is that there aren't any places to shop.
They've obviously have not seen the Harrods outpost, nor the many gift shops. Either that, or the Tycoon is supposed to be traveling with his wife, a scientist, a Kansas farm girl, and a b-movie actress, on a small Honolulu Harbor charter, for "a 3-hour tour".
shock.gif
grin.gif

Third, they have no places to rest.
Can you say C-A-B-I-N-S!!!
crazy.gif
lame.gif
grin.gif
(I'll never be asked to take over for Fred Rogers).

Fourth, there aren't enough restrooms.
Perhaps, it's supposed to be an "Anti-QANTAS ship", using an old line from one of that airline's radio ads: "They don't have seats; or restrooms" (though I don't recall seeing any koalas on 747s).

Not only that, but there are disasters of all sorts out there
Does that include having the ship capsized by a tidal wave on New Year's Eve?
How about the ship being picked up by a waterspout, and landing on top of flying witches? (no, this cannot become a "who can we drop the ship on top of" question).
evil.gif
lame.gif
grin.gif

How about when someone decides to travel on the family plan, and bring along mummy?
wink.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif

Now we simply must have Gene, Ernest, Red, Pam, Eric, Shelly, and STELLA!!! along for the trip.
grin.gif

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
I would be interested in purchasing this game, just of the fun of it. Where might I find it???

Status
Not open for further replies.