CSI Titanic : Who Died How?

Julio Cabello

Jan 25, 2005
Is it possible someone onboard was killed by an electric shock? Meaning, with all that seawater and DC appliances all over the ship.

Jacob Hughes

Jan 30, 2013
I have always wondered why they did not make rafts out of the hundreds of doors on the ship? Two to four doors tied together would of supported one to two people for a while.

jacque

Feb 4, 2013
i realy dont think that at that time people were worldly enough to think of this ,they thought they would be saved for sure self help just did not come to them in a time of panic ,besides doors on first class would be very heavy any below deck to hard to get overboard ,but this is only my opinion

Feb 12, 2013
If the bodies were on the ship........and it sunk(slowly) to the surface...why couldn't the people just swim to one of the boats?

Luke Owens

Jan 18, 2007
Jacque's comment aside (and it is a good one), the 1997 film showed how hard it would be to get more than one person aboard such a raft while it was in the water. To maintain the equilibrium of the door or other flat piece of wood, there would have to be equal pressures on opposite sides, otherwise it would flip over, causing anyone already on it to fall back into the water. In any case, people aboard such a raft would have died of hypothermia in the weather of the night; it would simply have taken longer.Brute's comment is also a good question. However, the actual killer in electricity is the current, which is not present in DC power. I'd have to do more research to find out the possibility of such a death before I made a firm pronouncement on the subject. I can say, though, that after the lights went out there was no chance of electrocution, since there was no power anywhere aboard the ship.I really ought to do a rewrite on this article anyway. In the six years since it was published here, I have found information that renders some parts of it less valid that I thought at the time I wrote it.

Spark

Sep 1, 2015
I've often wondered how far down someone could have possibly survived in the titanic in any sort of air pocket. The best chance for any sort of sustainable air pocket might have been a walk in freezer (if there was any). I'd imagine with a good enough door and seal that one might have survived as far as half way down before the pressure imploded the door. All speculation on my part though.However, I do believe there is a good chance that inside the titanic is identifiable human remains such as bones and teeth. The only chance of finding bodies would be buried beneath the ocean floor, although this is not likely.

Nov 9, 2015
Unimagineable gut wrenching last goodbye's. Screams for help and prayers for salvation and loved ones left behind. It cannot be imagined, not even in our worst nightmares.