Cunard 3 Queens Rendezvous DVD w TITANIC Wreath Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2009
I am pleased to announce the official release of my new Maritime Documentary DVD "Three Queens - An International Rendezvous" which is a tribute and historical record of several recent monumental events in the history of the Cunard Ocean Liners Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth 2 and the new Queen Victoria.

This collectible DVD is presently being sold on board both the Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria and online and would be of particular interest to anyone who is an avid Ocean Liner or Maritime Enthusiast!

After 10 months in the making, three transatlantic crossings, two countries, one ocean and a lifetime of memories, this DVD features rare footage of the New York 3 Cunard Queens Rendezvous & Fireworks Parade on January 13th 2008, the Southampton 3 Queens Rendezvous on April 22nd 2008, the QE2's final emotional New York Departure & Transatlantic Crossing October 16th-22nd 2008, plus some great close up footage of the Queen Elizabeth 2 before her retirement to Dubai as a floating hotel. Bonus features include an interior tour of the QE2 and a moving wreath ceremony from aft of QE2 over site of TITANIC on April 14th, 2008, the 96th Anniversary of her sinking, plus an optional full feature Director's Commentary! All on one DVD. Plays All Regions!

Here are some early reviews:

“Thank you so much for sending me a copy of your excellent DVD. I will take great pleasure in adding it to my collection of Cunard Memorabilia. Having been Captain on two of the Queens it does have great personal meaning for me as well.” --Captain Nick Bates, Queen Mary 2

"I received your video; thank you very much! It was great, and I appreciate the Titanic Memorial and the indoor shots. The music was excellent, too. You have helped to keep the QE2 alive in our memories". --D. Kogan, Philadelphia, PA

"I recently purchased and received from you the DVD entitled Three Queens. I would like you to know that I think that it is spectacular. By far, the most wonderful footage of the QE2 I have ever seen. I am simply delighted. Again, congratulations........simply brilliant." --F. Trumbour, Ridgewood, NJ

If anyone would be interested in adding this DVD to their collection of rare Ocean Liner images and events, please visit our website www.3QueensDVD.com for more information and a video preview clip!

Many thanks!

Robert Neal Marshall, Producer/Director RNM Productions

Jun 10, 1999
Robert: To be honest with you Sir...what I am yearning to have DVD/video of...upon surfacing from a dive on TITANIC...in-board NAUTILE, observer/acting historian Dennis Cochrane was hailed by Cptn. Warwick who had idled his QE-2 nearby so as
to pay tribute to TITANIC, via wreath laying.
As well as Cochrane who is a good friend of the Cptn.

A moment in time..."One giant paying tribute to a fallen other..."

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jan 25, 2009
Michael, On that QE2 crossing with wreath ceremony Commodore Warwick was aboard and presented an amazing account of his own decent to Titanic in Nautile with sensational photos. It would, indeed, be a gift to have a DVD/Video of that and the experience you describe!

Jerry & James, DVD is on the way. I hope you will enjoy it! Be sure to play the Director's Commentary for a narration! Many thanks!

Regards,
Robert Neal Marshall

Jun 10, 1999
Robert, WOW! Thanks for the information, I was not even aware that Commodore Warwick dove to Titanic in the Nautile. Are you aware of a possible web-site that may have an account of that particular event?

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jun 10, 1999
POSTSCRIPT: Robert...what's it like bearing the same last name as our beloved artist Ken Marshall. Are you related in any manner?
Aside from TITANIC...;-)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Tom Roesser

May 14, 2007
About five months ago, Commodore Warwick gave a short presentation about his dive at the Titanic exhibit at the American Museum in Bath. It was wonderfully done, and he showed a number of the photos that he took. However, he dove to the Titanic in one of the Russian Mir submersibles, not Nautile.

Jun 10, 1999
Commodore Warwick diving aboard a MIR makes more sense. As I am NAUTILE's number one fan I may have known of the Warwick dive.

BTW, hence my user name ROBIN...NAUTILE's "little" R.O.V. and Yann Houards best little buddy...;-)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Jan 25, 2009
Michael: I do not know of a specific website about Commodore Warwick's dive to Titanic, however there are a few sites that come up in search engines that mention the trip. His photos are wonderful. I also remember him telling how they would attach styrofoam cups in a webbed sack outside the submersible for the decent. Upon return to the surface, the cups would be compressed into penny size slugs from the pressure! From what I remember, it was a personal friend of the Commodore who sponsored the dive for him as a gift.

Unfortunately, I am not related to the wonderful artist! Ken actually spells his last name Marschall and mine is Marshall. His work is amazing!

Tom: Many thanks, my error. You are absolutely correct, it was MIR, not Nautile.

Regards,
Robert Neal Marshall

Jun 10, 1999
Robert, sorry about the surname mix-up, I should have payed closer attention. In regards to the styrofoam cup...I held private correspondence with Matthew Tulloch for some time. Matthew was grateful for my staunch pro-salvage support over a decade on several Titanic discuss forums. He was so kind to honor me with some Titanic related gifts. I enquired about getting a cup, perched on NAUTILE, and subsequently recovered in thimble size. He said he would see what he could do, anyhow, I don't have one in my collection. BTW, Matthew dove to Titanic on two seperate occasions, WOW!!

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

James Carey

Sep 14, 2004
Robert,
GREAT job on your DVD. The footage is excellent and you managed to make me teary eyed a few times. I also really appreciated the interior shots as I never got to experience her in person.
Thanks again!

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
Robert, I received the 3 Queens DVD a few days ago and it is a very well done production and it is a must have for everyone interested in ships.I did enjoy hearing your commentary and seeing the Cunard Queens in port at Southampton and New York and the video of the QE2 filmed from the deck of the QM2 as both ships crossed the Atlantic.Seeing the interiors of the QE2 brings back memories of the times I was aboard the QE2.Just out of curiousity,why is there not any video of the interiors of the QM2 and Queen Victoria? Regards,Jerry

Jan 25, 2009
Jerry & James - Thanks for your great comments! So glad you like the DVD. May I use your quotes on my website? I would not use full names, only initial and last names & only with your permission!

Jerry, so sorry there are no interior shots of QM2 as there just wasn't time and space to include on the disc and the focus was to capture QE2 as she was leaving service. I have not as yet had the opportunity to sail on board Queen Victoria to capture video. As I look towards future projects, I would love to include more tours of both ships and others as well!

Kind regards,
Robert Neal Marshall

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
I just got this DVD this week. Beautiful footage. What kind of camera did you shoot this with? Was it shot HD? Very nice work.

Jan 25, 2009
Thank you Jerry! Most appreciated!

Hi Joe. Thank you! I used a Sony HVR-A1U HD camera and recorded in High Definition. Budget and technical constraints did not allow blueray or HD disc, so final product is in standard DVD format. One day, I perhaps can release a High Definition version!

Regards,
Robert Neal Marshall

Joe Russo

Apr 10, 2006
Wow HDV? I wouldn't have guessed. I was assuming that you were shooting with a bigger camera. I'm very impressed. Very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.