Cunard China Glassware Dishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Luke,
One of the most common misconceptions is that these "steamship stamp" pieces are actually from the liners. T&R Boote has a few patterns like this, Lucania, Campania, Bristol, etc. These patterns came about in the late 1800s when people wanted to have china as nice as that used onboard steamships, so T&R Boote created these to fill the public's demand for nice dinnerware. They still are hard to find, but the most I've seen a piece go for is around $140 (harder to find platter). I believe most aren't worth much though.

Regards,
Eddie T Petruskevich

Luke, I think you'll find that with few exceptions, dinnerware used aboard the liners tended to be generic rather then custom made to a specific ship. It was just easier and cheaper to make mass quantities of the same style and let everyone use that, and supplying replacements as needed from from company stocks.

Unless somebody can offer credible provinance of a given piece, with confirmation by a qualified expert, I'd be very skeptical of any claims for dinnerware being tied to a given ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.