Cunard Christmas Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Nuovo

Jan 18, 2003
New Jersey,USA
E

Ellen Grace Butland

O how pretty! I have a real card, signed by Barbara and someone whose signiture I can't decipher showing Qe2's funnel with Santa's sleigh and reindeer waiting at the base and a ladder leading to the top and a happy Birthday card showing QE2 which would have been given to anybody having their birthday on board - both given to me by penfriends who know my liking for this ship.

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Hi All, Ellen, Lucy, Jerry...

Happy Holidays!
Here is my contribution, reworked a little for all my friends at ET
happy.gif

Christmas aboard the Mauretania

Best,
Eric

E

Ellen Grace Butland

Merry Christmas, Eric. I think you are very clever, to make such a lovely card for our enjoyment. I wish I could do something back, but I am still a klutz when it comes to computers. If you would be so kind as to send me a postal address via email, I will copy and send you the pix I tried to send by email by snail mail instead. You may have them, but I have not seen similar pix during my search for Mauretania images. I am now instigating a search for QE2 stuff, I would like to improve my collection of brochures etc while they may still be found. O, and I really LIKE your work on the Aquitania images in Mr Chirnsides book, which I now possess (a Christmas present purchased with a gift of money from Mum)

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Dear Ellen,

Many thanks for your kind words about my restorations of those color slides in Mark's book. I was very pleased with the results, and of course very pleased just to be selected to do them. I hope I brought her to life as best as one could. It is a wonderful book in many respects from start to finish.
I am also glad you liked the card - I redated it and "signed" it in Photoshop - the card is from her 1933/34 season so it is her last card. I will email you as requested.

Best always,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.