Daisy Minahan

E

Edmund Turner

Do photographs of Daisy exist ?? as I've never seen any, also did she ever make a compensation claim for any lost luggage or jewelery she lost on the Titanic? was she particularly close to her sister-in-law Lillian who she was travelling with? Did she ever write an account of her escape from the ship ?? also is it accurate and true to say that here experiences on the Titanic contributed to her early death? any help with these questions is appreciated, for some reason I've always had a keen intrest in her
Edmund

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Senan Molony's "The Irish Aboard the Titanic" has a small picture of her on page 243. Seems to me there were some in an old Commutator article also.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Hallo, Edmund

Mike's right - there's quite a lovely photo of her in Sen's book, also a good deal of interesting information on the Minahan family.

Daisy did indeed swear an affidavit at the American Inquiry, and if you follow the links on to the Inquiry website online you can read it in its entirety.

I don't know if her experiences contributed to her early death, but the experience was certainly a traumatic one with profound effect on her.

Inger

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Better late than never. See "The Titanic Commutator", v. 14, #3, Fall 1990. Don Lynch's Passenger Manifest talks a bit about the Minahan family, and has a nice big picture of Dr. Minahan and Lillian.