Dave Gittins to be heard on radio

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
On Saturday night, 10 March, between 7-30pm and 8-30pm, Sydney time, I will be discussing Titanic with 2UE's Paul Makin.

The broadcast will be heard in Sydney and Canberra. You should be able to hear it online at

http://www.mytalk.com.au/default.aspx?sn=2ue

If nothing else, you'll get to hear my accent, which some find both distinctive and weird.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Please note the correction to the date. It's tomorrow night.

As far as I know, the online link I gave should work world-wide.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
I don't think the program is likely to be online once it's been broadcast. I might see if it's recorded. I'm only part of the program, so don't expect too much.

Folk around the world can convert Sydney time to local time or UTC by using

http://www.timeanddate.com/

Nov 26, 2005
Any chance that someone on a PC could record the program spot and maybe it could be uploaded here on ET? Not sure on copyright issues regarding radio, but it was just a thought.
happy.gif

A

Andrew Williams

I was about to retire for the night and noticed the above announcement.

One question Dave - Between 7.30 and 8.30 Sydney time. What time will that take place "British time" please?

I'll try and tune in on the above site as mentioned.

Cheers - A.W.

A

Andrew Williams

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback.

Just trying the link to see what happens.

A.W.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
If anybody is there, the station forgot it was broadcasting the footy!

I'll be on in about 30 minutes, at about 11-30am UTC.

Sorry, world!

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Sorry about the mess!

The nostalgia show normally runs from about 6-00pm Sydney time and goes well into the night. I was to have been heard between 7-30pm and 8-30pm. The station evidently forgot it was going to break the show to broadcast the semi-final of the pre-season footy competition.

I eventually got on and we talked for about 15 minutes about various topics, including the Australians on board Titanic.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
I've asked 2UE about the chances of getting a recording, but I'm not hopeful. The show is made on a shoestring and, although it's routinely recorded, it's not normal for extracts to be made available to the public.

A

Alyson Jones

Dave-Are you going to appear on another radio board casting?I mist it too cause, i was not aware of ET.