David Brown Book Signing Toledo Ohio March 31 2001

Dec 4, 2000
Thackery's Books, located at the corner of Central and Secor in Toledo, Ohio has invited me to speak about the Titanic and my book on Saturday, March 31, 2001 at 1:00 pm. A book signing will follow.

There will be no charge for this event. You don't have to buy a copy of my book (or any other book) to attend. So, I would like to invite anyone living near Toledo to come visit and add to the discussion.

If anyone has a book they want signed, just bring it with proof that you already own it. I'll personalize copies just for the pleasure of meeting face-to-face other Titanic-o-philes!

Contact me directly if you need directions. (Its easier to get to the Titanic wreck site than drive around Toledo.) [email protected]

-- David G. Brown

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
One never knows. The ever mysterious Captain Erik "the invincable" Wood maybe lurking around a certain book signing to haunt the ever Graceful Captain David G Brown.

K

Kathy Savadel

Darn, I won't be in or near Ohio, but your book (i.e., "Last Log of the Titanic") is due to arrive at my house tomorrow, David. I am very much looking forward to reading it. I am thinking it is probably too technical for me, but I thought I'd give it the ol' college try. :) I believe it was Parks Stephenson who on amazon.com said the book was for people who were interested in learning what happened to the ship, not the people, that night, and that is a topic about which I would like to learn (notice I didn't say "learn MORE" -- I'm probably the least technical person in this forum!).

I already have your forthcoming book on the Great Lakes Storm of 1913 on my Christmas list for my husband! He's a meteorologist for the National Weather Service, and right now we live practically on the shore of Lake Superior. He enjoys marine forecasting AND storms. He is further specializing in marine forecasting in his new job at the NWS HQ in Silver Spring, MD.

Again, I'm very much looking forward to reading your book.

Cheers,

Kathy Savadel

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
David,
I'll try to be there. I live just a short drive away from Toledo!
I look forward to hearing you speak.

Dan

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
So you are going to speak now. Holly moses. I may have to "end" my Alaskan trip early.

Erik

Dec 4, 2000
Beware -- anyone who shows up from this forum is likely to become part of the presentation!

In seriousness, I'm looking forward to any of you who can come to this little event. It will be nice to put a face or two with the names.

-- David G. Brown

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Dave!

I'm going to do my best to be there -- I'd really enjoy hearing your presentation.

All my best,

George

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
Dave,
I will be wearing my Titanic Swim Team shirt :)

George, I look forward to saying hello and personally thanking you and Dave for all your kind assistance on all things Titanic through this board!

Regards,
Dan

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Dan!

I'm looking forward to meeting you in person as well -- I always enjoy reading your postings and (like Dave said) am looking forward to connecting faces to some of the names I've become so familiar with on the internet.

(Say, Dan, just to keep Dave on his toes during his presentation, let's sit in the front row with a basket of overripe tomatos placed prominently in front of us; our front row seats should enable us to see the little beads of perspiration as they break out on Dave's forehead.) :)

All my best,

George

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
George,
sounds good. The beefeater tomatoes are good for maximizing coverage of intended target.

Dave, will photography be allowed, do you know? I'd like to shoot a few pictures when we all get together at Thackery's.

Erik, see you there!

Regards,
Dan

Dec 6, 2000
Hmmm. This could be interesting. Maybe I should check on plane tickets!

(but will I be able to bring my own tomatos, or pay Behe's marked up price?)

:)

Dec 2, 2000
I believe that Hollywood in all its glory already did this movie and it was called "The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes".

David, when you see some guys in overcoats with bulging pockets, wearing sunglasses coming into the store, run for it.

A friend.

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
Bill,
I am still planning on attending. I've got to get a hold of George to see if his crop of tomatoes are ready :)

Regards,
Dan

Erik Wood

Apr 10, 2001
Captain Brown,

I regret to inform you that I will most likely attend your little get together. Hence forth I will be crashing your shin dig.

Your Mysterious Ship Mate,

Captain Wood

Dec 4, 2000
To everyone -- The bookstore has assured me that I am still welcome. In fact, they are starting a local newspaper advertising campaign. I am looking forward to meeting everyone who can attend. The scheduled time is 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. I will be there in advance and will stick around afterward to meet and talk. We are trying to get a model of Titanic as a backdrop. It was built by a model railroader to HO scale. Our problem, the titanic Titanic is bigger than any vehicle available to carry it.

-- David G. Brown