David Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Porter

Jul 22, 2003
I was in the 6th grade, when our teacher told us about the Titanic. I ran, not walked, to the library to 'check out' Walter Lord's 'A Night to Remember' and have been hooked ever since. I joined the Titanic Historical Society when I was 15 - back in 1973. I remember my mixed feelings about Ballard discovering the wreck back in 1985, and how almost sacrilegious it was to have discovered that she really did break in two on the way down. I remember being somewhat surprised at the public whoop-la, and thinking smugly to myself that I had known about her long before the rest of these people. Then James Cameron's movie came out and I caught myself thinking the same thing again. Now, I sit amazed while I leaf through 'Ghosts of the Abyss', wishing there was someway to save the brass beds and leaded windows from an uncertain future. It's been sad seeing the ship deteriorate so much since 1985. But it's been equally wonderful watching it all play out. I continue to hope that someone will find some more long, lost photos of her in a trunk, in an attic somewhere. Regards to All -

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi David,

Welcome aboard! This is the best place for all things Titanic.

Hope you enjoy it here!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.