David SaintPierre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2005
Hi!

I just realized that I never introduced myself here. I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada but was raised in Rimouski, Quebec, near the spot where the RMS Empress of Ireland sank in 1914. I have had an interest in early 20th century ocean liners in general and the Empress and Titanic in particular for as long as I can remember.

As a historian (I am currently writing a Ph.D. thesis in contemporary history), and a former researcher associated with maritime museums in Quebec, I have contributed to most works done on the Empress of Ireland over the last 12 years (books by D.Zeni, D.Grout, the Musée de la Mer in Rimouski and documentaries that were aired on PBS, History Channel, Discovery Channel and many others in Canada and the USA).

I am happy to see that some of my friends post here already (David Zeni, Geoff Whitfield, etc.).

This is a great website! Hello to all!!

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello David,

Good to see you've introduced yourself.

The Empress of Ireland is indeed a very interesting liner, but unfortunately as I'm sure you are aware, the disaster has been overshadowed by the Titanic and forgotten by the public as soon as World War I started. But, thanks to several people including the gentlemen that you mentioned, her story has been kept alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.