Davies' Timewreck Titanic [was Help, my memory has totally failed me!]

Ida Foss

Aug 20, 2020
First time posting so I'm hoping I'm doing this right.

I'm looking for a book and for the life of me I can't remember either the titel or the author.

All I have is this vague recollection of the summary: It's the anniversary (100th?) of the Titanic's sinking and a fleet of ships has been assembled to comemorate the tragedy. Suddenly something happens that either transports the Titanic's crew forward in time, or something causes the crews of the present day vessels to go back in time. Then there is something about them trying to prevent some catastrophe or other.

Despite my scant description it'd be wonderful if some of you kind people could help me out with this - it has been nagging at me for some time.

Nov 14, 2005
Rhys B. Davies' Timewreck Titanic is the one! Thank you so much!!
Your Welcome. I know how that goes. There was a book I read as a kid. Not even sure if it was a book or a short story. Can't remember or find it. Looked for it for years. It was a about a guy that crawls onto an iceberg from a sinking ship. He goes to sleep from the cold. But then the book tell his whole life story afterwards. But at the end you find out his whole life story of him growing old and dying takes place in his mind in the 10 minutes it took him to freeze to death on the berg. There was an episode of Star Trek TNG that I believe lifted that story for the show. It was a good episode.

Reactions: 1 user