Death of Lillian Asplund 19062006

Eric, I do not recall seeing anything on the family headstone other than the surname on the front, a photograph of which is here on ET. I will make a point to look tomorrow.

Is anyone planning on attending Miss Asplund's funeral service, and will she be buried next to her mother or brother, or near to them?
Just curious.

I do not see this as something disheartening.

Her family should be proud that the world loves her and wants to show that by being at her side in time of sorrow. Fame as we know always comes with a price, but the happy side to that is the wealth of support one can get. The world without support can get awfully gloomy.

I can't believe Teri Lynn Milch remark "Fame as we know always comes with a price" I hardly think Lillian's family set out to seek fame in 1912! [Snip] I totally agree with Dave that her funeral doesn't descend into some sort of circus show.Let those who actually knew her attend the service and not turn it into some sort of day out for others!

why should i be barred Teri? Just voicing an opinion..Hardly flaming you but your remark has come across as pretty crass...Would you say victims/survivors from other disasters intentionally sought fame?

Mark Baber

Ms. Milch and Mr. Bowe---

Please keep it civil and on point, the point being the one raised by Dave Gittins in his message.

Even when used to describe a thought, not a person, terms like "dumb" and "stupid" should be avoided in order to eliminate the potential for getting onto a sidetrack like the one this thread took.

Hi. I just read this thread, and I have to agree with Teri that Mr. Bowe WAS flaming her and should be removed. One can disagree with someone without being so nasty and personal. The adjectives "dumb, crass, and stupid" are extremely personal, subjective, unnecesary, and cruel. We all have very strong opinions about
TITANIC, but it would be nice if we could be ladies and gentlemen about it. The language used above does nothing to advance knowledge...all it does is to make people justifiably upset. We all have very strong opinions about
TITANIC, but it would be nice if we were ladies and gentlemen about it. The language used above does nothing to advance knowledge...all it does is to make people justifiably upset.

Teri's post was, in its own way a tribute to Ms. Asplund...true, the family may not want anyone outside at the funeral. Teri in no way suggested that Ms Asplund sought in 1912 or after. She was just saying that because of her survivor status, fame is concomitant to the life and death of Ms. Asplund.