Deck officers and wireless operators

J

Jemma Hyder

Just a quick note to say that the website Inger and I have been working on, thanks to Jeff Newman, is up and running and accessible via

www.nautical-papers.com

Among the contents so far are new biographies on James Moody and Jack Phillips, and the "Portrush letter" which has been kindly contributed by Senan Molony and was first published in this months "White Star Journal"

Next in the pipeline are images of primary sources, such as the Olympic Crew Agreements, and biographies on Henry Wilde and Harold Bride.

Hoping you enjoy visiting....

Jemma
happy.gif

Tracy Smith

Nov 5, 2000
South Carolina USA
Wow, Jemma, I'm quite impressed.
happy.gif

Congratulations to you and Inger for a fine contribution to the annals of Titanic history. I can't wait to read the eventual book or books that come from your research.

Jun 4, 2000
Thanks Jemma,

It's great to see some of the work online at last. Kudos to you, Inger and the entire team. I'm impressed with what's up to date and am looking forward to seeing more on the real deck officers and wireless operators come to light.

Regards,
F

Mar 3, 1998
Outstanding stuff! Even though I have come to expect no less from you two, I am still impressed by the amount of new information you have chosen to share publicly. Here's looking forward to more!

Parks

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Jemma and Inger,
Great Website! I was so impressed with the amount of information there. I liked those pictures of Moody that I had not seen before. The whole site is tremendous. Thanks again you two!

Adam

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Ta for all the feedback, folks - especially those who wrote in and were kind enough to point out wandering apostrophies and technical glitches! We're quite pleased with how it's going, and - should I ever a.) find a new flat and b.) sort out the flying Oz visit - there should be updates in fairly short order.

J

Jemma Hyder

Just another quick note to advertise the new Henry Wilde bio which has been added to the site...

happy.gif

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
More great stuff, with no silly speculation, as we've come to expect. I think you are very generous making this material public.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Many thanks for your comments, Dave and Leona. Dave, I did try to keep it limited as much as possible to factual rather than speculative material. We're hoping to gradually chip away at perceptions of Wilde as an 'enigma'.