Deck plans

Tina

Sep 28, 2009
The deck plans are wonderful, however there are many rooms that have no markings and I wondered why there was not more detailed descriptions of the rooms. I am not referring to individual cabin's, but to the other rooms, coal bunkers, bridge, etc.

J

Jake Messinger (Wehosiren)

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question. While watching James Cameron's Titanic movie, I began to wonder what the floor plan was of Cal and Rose's Suites. In the movie they are clearly announced as Rooms B52-B54-B56. It seems that in order to get to Rose's bedroom, you had to walk through Cal's bedroom, which struck me as odd. If I could see how the suites are actually laid out I would be less confused, and grateful. Thanks.

D

Daniel Rosenshine (Danielr)

Dear Jake!

Yes it is true, you are required to pass through a little corridor to get to Rose's room. There was also access to the main corridor from each cabin. If you like I could send you a map of those cabins, I'll try and scan it from the deck plans.

I will need your e-mail address.

If you like, contact me privately on.

[email protected]

Daniel.

G

George R Smith (K4gs)

HI...
Did you also notice that the rooms B-52/54/56 was J. Bruce Ismay's group of rooms...Wonder where he was put in the movie ???
George

Lou Kerr

Feb 6, 2010
When I saw the breakfast scene in the movie I remember thinking that Cal and Rose were on the private promenade for the starboard suite, the one actually occupied by the Cardeza party. Guess that would put Charlotte Cardeza out in the cold and not Bruce Ismay.

Lou Kerr

Feb 6, 2010
Oops, my mistake. There is a picture on page 84 of James Cameron's Titanic that is clearly the private promenade for the port side suite. Now I'll have to find time to run the video and see what@ think otherwise. A thousand pardons, Lou

G

George R Smith (K4gs)

HIHIiii...But it seems to me that as inportant as Mr. Ismay was to the telling of the story that he should have been in the correct place HI. You also have me wondering too. And that is after watching it Two more times Sunday.

George

R

Ray Turner

Can any one tell me how long, how wide and how many decks did the Titanic have? Also what was the displacement? Ray Turner

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Ray:
This sounds like 4 questions from the book "882-1/2 Amazing Answers to your Questions about the Titanic." 882-1/2 ft long (although I've also seen it noted as 882 ft, 9 in.), 92-1/2 ft wide, 8 decks throughout, with an extra orlop deck on the ends to make a total of 9.
Mike