Deepsea life taking up residence in the wreck

Mar 3, 1998
During the analysis of over 30 hours' worth of ROV video taken in and on the wreck, some amazing discoveries have been made. Among these are glimpses of new forms of deep-sea life that have rarely (if ever) been seen before. One, in particular, caught me eye and I just had to share it with the list. I'm not sure if Cameron will approve of me making this picture public, as he might want to save it for the "Ghosts of the Abyss" documentary. So, I will ask that you take a quick look and please don't copy the image for posting elsewhere. I will only have the file up temporarily at:

http://home.flash.net/~sparks12/deepsealife.jpg

Parks

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Well, whatever it is, it's certainly well adapted to an aquatic environment.
wink.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Mar 3, 1998
For all you emotional types:

Patrick's under his rock, Gary's asleep in the pineapple, and Squidward's on the lecture circuit, talking about how he discovered the Titanic...

:)

Parks

Reactions: 1 users
Apr 7, 2001
Parks,

That got a goooooood laugh out of me this morn!!!

Now that shows a great sense of humor, my friend!! You just made my day! And brought the life back into me!

The scene behind George Behe is AWESOME. I kept looking at the huge thick chains on the deck. Although there's so much talk about erosion, it appears to me that the chains aren't a major target for these bloody sealife eating weezles.

Thanks for the laugh, Parks. Chalk up another great one for you. I like a sense of humor in a person. I really do.

Thanks again for the laugh.

Sincerely,

Teri

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
Sponge Bob; square pants!! My time on ET has now been vindicated!!! My boss is a huge Sponge Bob fan (actually his children are) and now he sees my time spent on ET is not wasted!!! Thanks Parks!
-kate.

Reactions: 1 user
May 8, 2001
I just got a 15 minute lecture about who Sponge Bob is (and his life story I guess) from my kids. Now they are all excited that he is on the Titanic. I am going to have some explaining to do when they tell their friends.
proud.gif

Colleen

Mar 3, 1998
Colleen,

Don't ever get roped into sitting down and watching the show with your kids. Once you do, you'll be lost forever...

I speak from experience. Two new episodes come on tonight at 8...I can't wait.

Parks

Mar 3, 1998
Ing,

Your time wasn't wasted...they're just sponges that have overindulged on Crabby Patties.

I'll explain it to you later.

Parks

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Parks - Oh, I'm dying to hear this one!

Why do I see the rather exotic 'decorator crab' dancing through this, attaching bits of living sponge to its shell for camoflague?

Eagerly anticipating elaboration -

Ing

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
During the analysis of over 30 hours' worth of ROV video taken in and on the wreck, some amazing discoveries have been made. Among these are glimpses of new forms of deep-sea life that have rarely (if ever) been seen before. One, in particular, caught me eye and I just had to share it with the list. I'm not sure if Cameron will approve of me making this picture public, as he might want to save it for the "Ghosts of the Abyss" documentary. So, I will ask that you take a quick look and please don't copy the image for posting elsewhere. I will only have the file up temporarily at:

http://home.flash.net/~sparks12/deepsealife.jpg

Parks
did anyone figure out what the pink "shag carpet" was?