Deleted Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Cooper

Sep 23, 2007
Although I'm certain that there were many scenes deleted at editing time, the following was in the script just before we see Rose running on Promenade Deck B:

"ANGLE BENEATH TABLE showing Rose's hand, holding a tiny fork from her crab salad. She pokes the crab-fork into the skin of her arm, harder and harder until it draws blood.
CUT TO:

62 INT. CORRIDOR / B DECK - NIGHT

Rose walks along the corridor. A steward coming the other way greets her, and she nods with a slight smile. She is perfectly composed.
CUT TO:

63 INT. ROSE'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

She enters the room. Stands in the middle, staring at her reflection in the large vanity mirror. Just stands there, then--

With a primal, anguished cry she claws at her throat, ripping off her pearl necklace, which explodes across the room. In a frenzy she tears at herself, her clothes, her hair... then attacks the room. She flings everything off the dresser and it flies clattering against the wall. She hurls a hand mirror against the vanity, cracking it."

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
I thought the hissy fit scene should have been left in. When I saw the movie in the cinema I was struck by the sudden switch to the running scene. It seemed to have no connection with the previous scene.

Linda Cooper

Sep 23, 2007
Posted by Dave Gittins:
"I thought the hissy fit scene should have been left in. When I saw the movie in the cinema I was struck by the sudden switch to the running scene. It seemed to have no connection with the previous scene."

Also note, that while in the dining room, her hair is pinned up, then in the running scene, her hair is loose!!

Feb 25, 2007
And what about this scene attached?
Jack throwing his sketches in the boat deck...

That wasn't in the cut scenes!

[Moderator's note: Edited post to remove image, due to copyright issues. JDT]

Sep 1, 2004
And her dress is also ripped (the sleeve and a tear just under the bodice) and I am not sure if she have her necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.