Descendants of survivors

E

Esther Graf

Hello friends!

What I'm interested in is to know if there are more descendants of lucky Titanic-survivors in the US or in Europe? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

whoopyboopy

Sep 26, 1999
Esther, there are many descendants of Titanic survivors. Many post on ET. Molly Browns grand daughter has posted. There are still many sons and daughters of Titanic survivors still living and also wives of Titanic survivors.

ian Hough

Dec 17, 2002
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Esther

My website Titanic (Life went on) is dedicated to Titanic survivors descendants.

I have a load on paper at the moment from all around the world and I am frantically trying to get them onto my website - but if you want specific descendants, or a specific area - I may be able to help - if you E-mail me privately I'll see what I can do.
Houghie

C

carol white

This is my Great-Grandfather. This is all the information we have on him except what my Dad remembers his Father telling him.

Mr Aaron Willer [1], 37, a Tailor from Russia, boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as a third class passenger (ticket number 3410, £8 14s 3d). His destination was Chicago, Illinois. Before travelling to Cherbourg he had stayed in Paris, France.

Willer died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Carol, welcome to Titanica. The information in your posting is what we have in Aaron's entry in the biography section here at ET. If you can tell us anything more about him from family recollections this would be very interesting.

C

carol white

I will get together with my Dad and sister to see if there is anything else. I know that he was on a biz trip to buy fabric in France. Will keep you up dated.:eek:)

Apr 27, 2003
Carol,
Here is what I have on my database:
Weller, Mr. Aaron. (also listed as Harry Willer). Missing. En route to his wife at 1330 South Halstead Street, Chicago, Illinois. From Russia. Occupation- Tailor aged 37 years (Aaron Weller). Had lived in America for several years but returned to London after failure of his business. Returning to America to start a new business. Married with five children.
Insurance claim C33. Life: $50,000. Property: $10,000. Claims filed by his administrators. Was carrying $200 cash. Widow received $3260 from American Red Cross and $2500 from other Relief Funds.
I hope that helps?
Best regards

Brian

H

holly lynn

i am the grandaughter of alecia nilon 2nd class. she said she was on there.... but i cant find any records. the weird thing is she has photos of the stair case..... really old

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Holly, getting photos of the staircase of an Olympic class liner isn't that difficult. There are plenty of copies to be had out there.

Regarding your aunt, unless she was traveling under an assumed name, (Not unknown in 1912.) if her name doesn't appear on the passenger list, then I'm sorry to say she wasn't there. The list here on ET is very complete and the end result of 91 years of very careful research.

M

MICHELLE BENDER

Hi Carol
Im wondering if your great grandfather Aaron Willer is related to my great grandfather Philip Willer who was also a tailor from russia who
married Celia Kessel and had a son Harry Willer born in 1916 Philip and Ceila got divorced and Celia took Harry to live in Australia.
Michelle

S

Shannon Blank

Hello all,

I am a descendant (great-granddaughter) of Mary Marvin, she was on her honeymoon on the Titanic in 1st class. Her husband, Daniel Marvin, did not survive.

Shannon Blank

Jun 11, 2000
Hello Shannon, I'm guessing here that your young great-grandmother remarried? I don't quite know how one gets over being on honeymoon and losing your husband in such a tragedy. Did you know her personally?

S

Shannon Blank

Hi Monica,

She did, she remarried almost immediately as she was pregnant and at that time ladies did not have a child without a husband. She did not talk about the incident after it happened, so I believe she may have internalized a lot of it. She dies when I was young, but I do have some memories of spending time with her ~ she was a glamourous lady until the day she died.