Designing the Olympic Class Liners

ADeblois

Mar 18, 2012
Going back to 1907, suppose you were the head of the design department at Harland and Wolff and given free reign over the design of the Olympic-class liners Olympic, Titanic, and Britannic, how would you guys have designed them? You would have the benefit of working with Thomas Andrews and Alexander Carlisle, two of the best employees in the business. I'd like to see what design ideas we can generate here...

Haowei Shi

Aug 25, 2010
Avon,Indiana
Build three classes the same,with a multi dec dining room which can hold all three classes,the grand staircase will be same,and there will be enough life boats for everyone.
The bridge will have two layers,the top layer is the wheelhouse and the bottom is the navigating bridge.The ship would not be very complex.

Cjwalker5

Apr 29, 2017
I would of had a more simpler and elegant 1st class aft staircase instead of a miniature duplicate, and have it extend down to the dining room. I would of provided more ensuite bathrooms to the 1st class staterooms. I would of placed the swimming pool more central and made it more opulent. I would of provided 2nd class with a cafe. I would of given 3rd class an elevator.