Designs of Public Rooms on Gigantic

Dec 7, 2000
Luke/Mark,

It is very possible that Britannic's honour and glory panel was changed. As I said I don't know much about Britannic's interiors, perhaps her specification book would shed more light on this panel. But if I was to make an educated guess based on my Olympic/Titanic research, I would suggest that if not the honour and glory, a different carving would have been featured on that panel. After all Britannic's staircase was in keeping with the same style as on Olympic and Titanic, only slightly exaggerated in an attempt to increase grandeur, so I would think that main panel could well have been modified or carved in a different design, rather than being completely replaced by a mural.

There was nothing wrong with having a clock there either. Olympic and Titanic's fore A deck landing panel also had a clock, which was right opposite the honour and glory clock. In the aft staircase, the B deck landing on both Titanic and Olympic had a clock, which faced the one on the main large panel.

Regards,

Daniel.

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Luke,

I'm not sure if you're addressing me, but I offered no comment on the contemporary perception. As I opined, the staircase would look good either way.

Best wishes,

Mark.

L

Luke Mack

Mark it was not directed at you...i have alot of respect for you, ive read all of your books....I was just saying people seen to see 'honor and glory' as something holy...that would never be replaced in Brittanic.

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Luke,

Rest assured, I read no disrespect into your remarks at all...I just wasn't sure if you had misunderstood what I had said and I wanted to clarify my view.

I appreciate your custom, and I have valued your kind words -- for instance, on my RMS Olympic book.

Best wishes,

Mark.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Thank you Mark, I am glad you like them. That means a lot IMO.

Daniel,
Thank you very much for your input, it is greatly appreciated. I am currently working on a CGI version of the Swags as well as the more fine detail work. I almost have the border around the tile complete, as it will show in future renderings. I see your point about artistic licence, and I agree that it should be kept at a minimum. With the amount of time invested, I might as well do it correctly (or to the best of our knowledge). Anyways here is an updated rendering, with a more correct wall paneling (although I am going to change it all to a white color in my next render as opposed to creams)
100656.jpg

Feb 21, 2005
I love the tile!! The detail of the hallway in the picture above is excellent!!! I have to commend you on your talent! Great job well done!

Dec 7, 2000
Steve,

Wow indeed! I love the tile! Your model is shaping up beautifully! I'd suggest to make the colums not stick out as much, perhaps no more than half or a third of what you have them now. They really were extended just slightly, not too prominantly like in the grand staircase.

Best Regards,

Daniel.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
While not a public space, thought I would finally share the Starboard veranda I created last month.

The wall pattern is slightly based on what was on Titanic's Private Promenades.

101245.jpg

D

Damian In fante Ledesma

tHE Titanic First Class simple Corridors Could looked like the first images of steve Corridors.
Very Beautifull corridors.
Damien.

Tripp Carter

Dec 13, 1998
that is exquisite work, Steve. how did your grand staircase turn out? i hope when i get my newer computer soon that i will be able to resume modeling during the summer. i will also be in the process of renovating my bedroom back home and trying to incorporate some titanic/olympic/britanic elements into the room. keep me posted!
happy.gif