Did Moody have a girlfriend?

Mary.elizzy

Mar 30, 2018
Hello! I have been trying to do a lot of extensive research on Sixth Officer Moody as I really enjoy writing short stories and wanted to write some about him. I was curious with a piece of information I found on Tumblr, which I wasn't sure if it were trustworthy or not so I thought I would bring it up here. It said that during the time of the maiden voyage of Titanic, James had a girlfriend at the time. Is this true? I would be really interested to know who she was and what their story is if this tidbit of information is true.
Also, I would be interested to know any other tidbits of information anybody has that isn't easily accessible online. I feel like I've pretty much drained all of the resources.

Thank you!

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Yes, he did have a romantic interest (and had told his brother he thought she might be "the one"). I don't have many details about their relationship, but I do hope to eventually publish the little I know.

Reactions: 1 user

James Scott

Apr 14, 2020
I good friends with the descendent of James Moody.

Quite interesting to talk to but the family has no items or records/documents from him.

James Scott

Reactions: 1 user

Sarah_1

Dec 27, 2020
Hello everyone.

I'm wondering what information there is on Moody's love interest. I've come across one rumour that he intended to marry an American.

Sarah_1

Dec 27, 2020
Dear Inger Sheil, I am wondering if you came to publish the information you referred to above, regarding his love interest? I stumbled upon a rumour that it was an American woman. There could of course be absolutely no merit to this but I am curious as what else is known about this topic. Thank you.

Aly Jones

Nov 22, 2008
Australia
Dear Inger Sheil, I am wondering if you came to publish the information you referred to above, regarding his love interest? I stumbled upon a rumour that it was an American woman. There could of course be absolutely no merit to this but I am curious as what else is known about this topic. Thank you.
I’m not sure if inger sheil is active on this site anymore but you can find her on Facebook. She has great information on James Moody and shared so much with others , however you need to show respect and not to share the information she shares with you. Where to find her? Join Dan Parkes “ titanic officers offical “site on FB. That’s where she shares her information because it’s a privite group which she trust the people not to share her information on the officers.

Reactions: 1 users