Did Titanic have a daily newspaper

Feb 14, 2011
Many liners of the past had a daily newspaper or newsletter. Did Titanic have her own daily newspaper- and if so, was there a printing press on board?

Tarn Stephanos

Apr 22, 2012
I have never heard of any. Just where would passengers have obtained the Atlantic Daily Bulletin? I imagine it might have been delivered to their cabin during the morning if they requested it. I wonder if it was available to all three classes. Here I go raising more questions than answers!

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Brandon don't worry about asking questions! That is what the site is here for, for people to find out something certain about Titanic when they don't know. In fact you asked the questions that I was going to so now I don't have to ask them.
Adam

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
A. Mishellany was designated Printer Steward and apparently printed menus. I've never seen evidence of a newspaper from a passenger or crewmember. I fear it was something they never got round to.

Mar 3, 1998
Each night during the First Watch, Marconi operator Jack Phillips would copy down the Marconi news service broadcast. He would send his copy down to the Purser's Office, where the bulletins were typed by the Purser (or one of his assistants) on a single sheet called the Atlantic Daily Bulletin. This was posted each night in the First Class Smoking Room. The Bulletin was not printed by the ship's printing office, nor was it a newspaper in the sense we know today. The White Star Line's newspaper, the Ocean Times, was not instituted until June 1912.

Parks

Reactions: 1 user
Apr 22, 2012
Thanks for that information, Parks. I have heard of some type of newspaper before, but never really knew anything about it. Now, thanks to your last post, I understand it!

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.