Dining rooms

P

Prissy

I need to know how the dining rooms looked. I need to know how the table was set, how the food was placed, and what did some of the dishes look like in each class. Could someone please tell me what they know according to this subject?

J

John Pulos

You need to purchase a copy of Last Dinner on the Titanic by Archbold and McCauley. Well worth the money and will answer all of your questions. I hold and annual Titanic dinner at my restaurant (on April 14, of course) and the book is the basis for what we do.
John Pulos
Watkins Glen, NY

Jane Smith

Aug 16, 2018
Did the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd class passengers eat at the same times? Or was it different times during the day. I’m only asking since I can only find the times that 1st class passengers restaurants & dining saloon is open for meals

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
There would have been also a 2nd seating when the ship was full. 1st class would be no much problem as there were passengers who would eat in the A la carte Restaurant. But not in 2nd class. In September 1914 2nd class on Olympic was full, so they had 2 sittings.

Reactions: Philip Hind

Jane Smith

Aug 16, 2018
That makes sense. So, I guess on Titanic mealtimes were breakfast (8-10)?. Lunch is around noon and dinner is around 7?

I’m just guessing since this tends to be the general mealtimes (sometimes earlier or later)