Directors cut of Camerons Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam McGuirk

May 19, 2002
Hey, I have read through some threads talking about directors cut of Camerons Film but I see different answers. So, I was wondering if any of you knew when or even if Cameron would come out with a directors cut of the movie.
Thanks,
Adam

May 5, 2001
Adam,

When the film came out and people were asking about a "directors cut" of the film, Cameron was steadfast to say that the theaterical version of the film WAS the director's cut but everyone knows that a director's cut includes scenes that usually are not in the film and with knowledge that there are more than a few scenes which were excluded from the film, I think he had to finally admit that one could be forthcoming if I read other threads here corrctly.

One can only hope...like I stated elsewhere also, I would hope that when this DC version comes out?, he will include both the theaterical version and the DC Version like some DVD's have. (I.E. The Abyss)

Regards,
Bill

M

Mikael Jonsson

While waiting for the directors cut you can check the CD-ROM: Titanic Explorer. Here are several clips that weren't in the film.

May 5, 2001
Mikael,

I would check it out but that program is hard to find and I knew it would be now that I have a machine good enough to use it.

Regards,
Bill

M

Mikael Jonsson

Yes I know it's hard to find. I checked for it on the web for months and finally someone sent it to me for 50$

But it was worth the money. The best thing was the VR tour on Titanic.

S

Stefan Christiansson

Is that program completely out of print and must be bought second hand?

May 5, 2001
Hi Stefan,
You could probably find it on the internet somewhere or wait for a computer show in your area.

Regards,
Bill

M

Mikael Jonsson

you have to buy it second hand. trust me I have tried.

Jul 7, 2002
Beveral wrote:

>$5.00 is pretty darn cheap. I know I spent about $20 for mine.

Before you purchase the $5 software, make sure all three disks are included! I noticed that at least one of $5 sets was incomplete.

I bought mine on Half.com for $10. It has lots of deleted scenes (with historical characters, not fictional ones). The virtual tour alone is worth the purchase price, but I wish there was more.

Cathy

T

TITANIC HEAVEN

Thanks!

happy.gif

I'm glad you liked it!
SteveM

L

Lianne Christian

"While waiting for the directors cut you can check the CD-ROM: Titanic Explorer. Here are several clips that weren't in the film. "

I have that CD Rom and I couldn't find those clips? Where are they?

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
The clips are not accessible in a special section of their own, they're contained within the massive chronological timeline history of the Titanic featured on the CDs within the sections they deal with (The Californian, the Strauses etc.)

Mar 3, 1998
From the source...there is no "Titanic" director's cut scheduled for release any time soon. The people who would put it together are busy finishing "Ghosts of the Abyss." I had heard the rumour about a December release for a director's cut DVD and asked one of the producers about it. The rumour is false.

That doesn't mean that a director's cut will never be released. Just that it isn't going to happen in the near future.

Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.