1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. More information
    Dismiss Notice

Disappearing Quotes

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Titanica Message Board Information' started by N. D. Risener, May 16, 2018.

1. N. D. Risener

N. D. Risener Member

Sometimes when I post a message on the Message Board I include a quote from someone's previous post. I do this because I am responding to what was said with my message.

On some of my messages the quote disappears after a day or two. My message remains complete but the quote I'm responding to is now gone.

I tried using the contact e-mail form to ask about this but when I clicked the Send button I saw no indication that anything happened. So I still don't know why the quotes disappear. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone explain this?

2. Mark Baber

Mark Baber Moderator Member

When I get bored, I'll remove quote-backs of an entire immediately-preceding message to keep things simple. Quotes of earlier messages and partial quotes are left untouched.