DiscoveryHistory Channel Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Has anyone else seen the special on the building and fitting out of the QM2? I cannot recall the title of it, but I originally saw it on The History Channel and saw it again today on The Discovery Channel. Wow, the ship really does evoke the feeling of the days gone by, I am still speechless. It was followed today by Titanic Birth of a Legend which was fun to watch once more.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Steve,

It's called Building of the Queen Mary 2. I watched it several months ago on the Discovery Channel and really enjoyed it, as it went into a lot of detail regarding the construction of the ship. Plus, I've been aboard her, so that was another reason why I found it so interesting.
happy.gif

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Hey Jason,
Thanks for the title of the program, it just kept slipping my mind. I have never been attracted to the idea of a cruise until I saw this special. Lucky you for traveling aboard her. Perhaps I may book a sailing when I get the $10,000 back child support check from my father next month.. I honestly am in need of a vacation. Last vacation was Las Vegas in 2002. Long time.

Would you recommend the QM2 and was it worth the cost?

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hey Steve,

You're welcome.

Yes, I would highly recommend the QM2 for either a transatlantic crossing or a cruise. The accommodations, the food, the service, the entertainment and the services were wonderful, and definitely worth the price. Other than a few minor complaints that my cabin mate and I had, it was an excellent and very memorable voyage. I will definitely travel on her again in the near future.

I posted my thoughts regarding the crossing in This Thread, which is several threads below this one. Just scroll down the page a bit.

James Carey

Sep 14, 2004
I also saw one called "Queen Mary 2 - Birth of a Legend". It was also on Discovery. Very interesting, and a spectacular ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.