1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone round here wear a pocket watch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The_One_And_Only, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Thanks, same to you! :)

2. Sure...some links would be cool. I've pretty much quit carrying my phone around and I dont really really like wrist watches that much. A pocket watch might be the ticket...Thanks.

3. Ok Thanks. Lots of choices. I see yours is the mechanical type which I like. Dont really care for the battery ones. I will check out the US Amazon site.

4. A. Gabriel

A. Gabriel Member

You folks have inspired me to go find my old pocket watch, given as a birthday present nine years ago, and actually use the dang thing instead of gathering dust. But how can it be used in the Philippines, where pickpocketing is an ever-present hazard on the daily commute?

5. Chain, a good chain, i should imagine a thicker chain would work.

Also, don't show it off, if you wear it on your jeans, pull your shirt down over it.

If you wear it with a waistcoat, then do your jacket up.

don't take it out of your pocket in shady areas.

I believe waistcoats are harder to pickpocket as the majority of the pockets are on the front, and if you wear a nice blazer, it's even safer.

Hope this helps!

6. Jim Currie

Jim Currie Member

Hello Steven.

I still have my Grandfather's gold Hamilton given to him at the end of WW1. I wore it a few times up until about 12 years ago. Then, I had a waistcoat with a fob pocket. It still keeps perfect time - if I keep it wound.

Steven Christian likes this.
  7. Nice. 1918...a hundread year old watch with a story behind it. Hold on tight to that one.