Does rms titanicinc planning an expedition to the titanic this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2000
hi i was wondering if anyone knows if rms titanic inc plan to do an titanic expedition this year if so when and what their main goal is for the expedition thanks jennifer mueller

Dec 12, 1999
Jennifer,

The 10-k SEC report issued on June 13, 2000 says that they plan to do a summer salvage operation, but no details were given. See the conversation under "Preserve the wreck by acquiring RMS Titanic."

Mike Herbold

Dec 13, 1999
A good source for news on RMS Titanic is always columnist Marc Davis of the Virginian-Pilot, of Norfolk, Virginia. Marc posted the following website today on another Titanic discussion list. Today it is the main headline. On other days he says to go through the news link for Titanic stories.
http://www.pilotline.com

Dec 12, 1999
Yesterday, RMS Titanic disclosed that its summer expedition to the Titanic will run from July 10, 2000 through August 30, 2000. It will be engineered by Ralph White and Graham Jessop, in conjunction with the Oceaneering International Inst. and P.P. Shirska V. Institute of Oceaneering of the Russian Acadmeny of Sciences. Purportedly, they have an ROV the size of a human hand which will go into the cargo hold to search around. Jessop is, I believe, the guy who found the wreck of the Carpathia, last year.

Pedro Soares

Jun 28, 2000
Portugal
Could anyone tell me how did George Tulloch and his cronies got the legal rights to explore the wreck of Titanic? I think they are grave robbers.

Pedro Soares

Jun 28, 2000
Portugal
But I recently heard of the man who replaced him. He is a monster!
If he cuts Titanic s hull it will be at a point another tragedy. I feel sick of thinking about it. We should cooperate in trying to stop this madness. He doesn t care about Titanic and all the people affected by this tragedy. He only cares about money.

T

Tracey McIntire

Dear Pedro,
There are several of us who post on this site regularly who have gotten together to try to stop any further salvage of the wreck. If you would like further information, please e-mail me at [email protected].
Sincerely,
Tracey

Pedro Soares

Jun 28, 2000
Portugal
Thank you very much, Tracy. It is very good to know that. Unfortunately, I still don t have a valid email. I ll tell you when I finnally get one.

Shane Kurup

Jul 31, 2000
There is definetly an expedition to the Titanic this year.Go to:
www.titanic-online.com and
www.rmstitanic.net
on these web site you can listen to an interview with the head president of RMS Titanic inc. giving details about the expedition. As I understand they are atully recovering artefats from INSIDE the Titanic for the first time.There has been conflicting opinions about this.They are attempting to recover a Jeweled copy of the "Rubayat of Omar Kayan"(I think that's how you spell it!).This is a very famous and expensive copy of the original Rubayat which is a book, which I think contains Persian poetry.
If you have anymore questions about this or any other Titanic related subject, then don't hesitate to email me at:
[email protected]
hope this helps!
Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.