Does THS accept personal checks

Apr 22, 2012
Perhaps this is a strange question, but I would love to have some of those maritime goodies on the THS website, but it looks like they only accept credit cards with the exception of personal checks on the commutators. Has anyone else ever ordered anything from them and used a personal check? I have no credit cards and am wondering. Thanks.

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Brandon:
Yes, they take personal checks. Actually, I've found in the past that it's easier to use a check with them than it is a credit card.

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Brandon,

A word of warning, don't expect anything ordered from THS to arrive within three months! I placed my order for a back issue of the commutator on Sept 18th, only to discover two months later than the on-line order form wasn't in operation. I then sent a cheque to the European address...still no luck.
angry.gif

Oh well, time for another pestering email...

Jan 5, 2001
Ben,

I waited from March to this December without hearing from them, after numerous e-mails. It was only when I offered them an article that I heard back from them. They had apparently sent a letter to me by post and e-mails, but I never received anything.

Best regards,

Mark.

Apr 22, 2012
All,

This sounds pretty annoying to me. Don't think I could stand a three month wait for anything in the mail; I can barely stand 6 to 8 weeks!
wink.gif

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

Ben Holme

Feb 11, 2001
Hi Mark,

Well, I suppose it's of some consolation to know there are fellow sufferers out there!

It was only when I offered them an article that I heard back from them.

When I consider the number of articles (if not theses) I could have written since my original order placement...and then there's my fruitless attempts at contacting the European address.
crazy.gif

Seriously though, I can't understand why they don't just given me the damn thing if only to shut me up!

Ben

A

Andrew Williams

I'm about to send my cheque to become a member of the THS at their headquarters in the County of Kent, Britain.

Crikey! Does that mean I'll experience the same problems as you guy's?

Andrew W.

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Ben!

Seriously though, I can't understand why they don't just given me the damn thing if only to shut me up!

I wish I knew the answer to that one!

Best regards,

Mark.