Dolls on the titanic

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Hallo Jason and Erica -

You're correct, Jason - the 'To be happy...' quote is one I posted here a while back in a thread discussing Lowe. In context, the quote is even more interesting, as it comes from a letter in which Lowe was discussing the importance of work and discipline with his son (there are the usual parental admonishments to study hard!).

I'm not sure what Moody quote to which you're referring, Jason - possibly the one in which he joked about having enough money to go on a bender when he left the ship?

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Ing,

Thanks for the very interesting background information on Lowe's quote. I've been meaning to ask you what the history is behind it.

Yes, that is the Moody quote I'm referring to. I wasn't sure if I had posted it correctly or not.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Erica,

Yes, I bought it. There's a thread titled "Special Edition DVD" in the subtopic "James Cameron's Titanic" under "Titanic Movies", where myself and others have posted our thoughts. We can't get too far off topic in this thread.

Chad Goodwin

Aug 2, 2006
As a child we rarely received toys.......usually on a birthday or christmas......usually just one or two....I have fond memories of things I wanted but never got...so as an adult I collect vintage toys....I have a thing for yellow rubber duckies.......Vintage Barbie(my love of clothing).....pink poodles......paper dolls.....Teddy bears( I have my first teddy circa 1969).......so no....some people never grow up