Don Lynch

T

Trent Pheifer

Hey as i was watching Titanic (1997) I noticed that, Titanic historian, Don lynch is in the movie, he is the father of the little boy spinning the top when Jack steals the coat , well does anyone have his address.

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
Trent,
I would imagine you can write to him in care of
the Titanic Historical Society.
Yes, Don Lynch had an uncredited role in the 1997
movie (though you can find him in the list of
credits at the Internet Movie Database),
representing the Fr. Browne photo of the Spedden
boy spinning a top, while his father and an
elderly gentleman looked on.

T

Trent Pheifer

Thanks Dan,do you possible know what city he lives in ??? thanks
-TRent-

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
Trent,
I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that as
the historian for the THS, he would be out east,
near the THS. If I were to guess, perhaps New York
City. A person like Don Lynch wouldn't have his
address available for public access. However, as
said above, a letter addressed to him in care of
the Titanic Historical Society would get to him.

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi! I met Don Lynch at a THS convention in '98 and it was my understanding that he lived in California, but I'm not sure what city. The actual THS is a small museum in the back of a jewelry store in Indian Orchard, Massachusetts. I believe the only Massachusetts residents that are THS officers/historians are Ed and Karen Kamuda. You can always try posting a message for Mr. Lynch on the THS web site (you can find the link on ET). Hope this helps.
Tracey

D

Davidh

He lives in Redondo Beach. His P.O. Box number is available from THS. Any of the magazines dealing with the conventions in Long Beach also list it.

David Huffaker

D

davidh

They both do. Ken's former nanny has worked as my firm's accounting department manager for many years. They can be contacted through THS. David Huffaker

E

Erica Monty

What character does he (Don Lynch) play in the movie? Sorry if thiat is a dumb question but i'm new at all this!

E

Elaine Barnes

Erica,
He plays Fredrick O.Spedden and the little boy with the top is portrayed as his son, Robert Douglas Spedden, first class passengers. The family was rescued.
Elaine

D

Dave Smith

Sharp eyes gang. Did anyone notice THS Pres. Ed Kamuda and his wife Karen in the movie? They were in two deck scenes. How about Ken Marschall?? I understand he also had a cameo role, but i can't spot him in the movie. Anyone have any idea?
Dave

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
Try the A-deck scenes. In the Fox channel special
"Titanic – Breaking New Ground", narrated by Peter
Coyote, Ed and Karen are shown standing outside
the A-deck GSC entrance, under the illuminated
sign in an off-camera B&W shot.
I was not aware of KM's cameo, but Jim Cameron put
himself in crowd shots several times, including
the dark-bearded man being checked for lice in the
boarding scene, a 3rd class party spectator, and a
red bearded man behind the characters 'Tommy' and
'Fabrizio' when 'Murdoch' shoots the passengers.

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi! Ed and Karen Kamuda showed photos of their characters at the 1998 THS convention. They said they are most visible as two passengers walking up the deck just after the famous (or infamous!) "spitting scene." You can see them in the background behind Kathy Bates (Molly Brown). Hope this helps!