Don Tweed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
Hello one and all!!!
Sorry, been away awhile, real busy with the model and the holiday season!!!
Just finished putting the boat deck on the promenade walls, and painting benches, winches and window frames!!!
I got a lump of coal in my stocking, but it was Titanic coal, so that was good!
My 6 year old daughter has now achieved the age when I can leave the model out without fear!
I have devoted all my extra hours to completing it, yet it will still take some time to her launching!
I detail everything and then glue another deck on top of my work, hidden for all to see, but, I know it's there!
Just wanted to let you all know I am still alive and kicking!!!
Best of holidays to you all and my families blessing!!!!
-Don

Jul 14, 2002
Hey Don,

The model sounds great and so detailed! I wish you the best of luck with completing it! Happy New Year!

Eric

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
Thank you Eric!
The model is a labour of love, so to speak, and can be very exhausting at times.
The model is the Academy Minicraft 1/350 scale.
It's about 2 1/2 feet long.
I have finally finished the boat deck and have attached all the "howsers" to the funnels!!!
I would have to say the hardest part of the whole project is keeping glue and paint off of the numerous "ropes" still hanging around her hull!!!
Not until I finish the forecastle and 3rd class poopdeck will I be able to attach them all to their respective places.
The lifeboats will be the very last thing I complete and attach to her.
A fitting end, since they wre the very last thing to leave her!
Anyone else working on a model of her, I would be glad to share and learn building secrets with you!!
Take care, Don

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
First, a hearty and well met to all!
I am walking on eggshells over all that is happening and presenting itself to us.
I care about you all and hope this message finds you safe, as well as those you hold dear.
Life goes on, and we will deal with it.
Oh, for simpler times!
Thank You, Don

L

Lawrence P. Cappe

Don,

If not bungled by Bush, we should soon see OPEC dissolve itself in its final public statement from Vienna. Hallelujah!

It took thirty years (and a direct attack on New York & Washington) before Americans found the resolve to deal with the primary underlying economic issue of their day.

One can only hope that this time the United States will remain in the area until Iraq is as democratic as Germany, Italy and Japan.

As a Canadian, I congratulate the men and women of the armed forces of the United States for the magnificent effort they have made racing to Baghdad. Wouldn`t Trajan and Hadrian have been surprised to learn they too could have done it without felling the republic, establishing a military dictatorship and maintaining slavery.

A Happy Passover and Joyous
Easter to you all!

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
Have not posted since my home was robbed.
Took all electronics from computer to clock radios!!!
Left the Titanic room totally untouched!!!!
Thank the maker!
Caught the SOB's in about 2 days, stuff all fenced off but will receive some reimbursement.
At least we lost no family heirlooms and really unreplacable stuff.
Funny thing, they moved a box of depression glass to get to a broken boom box!
The wife and I had to laugh!!!
Take care, Don

Aug 29, 2000
What a story Don- am glad they did not get your computer! Titanic room untouched??- wow- there is NO accounting for taste!

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Don,

As Shelley said, that's a quite a story.

It's amazing that your Titanic collection was left alone.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

S

Shannon Noel Harris

When my uncle was in Halifax, there was a auction with real artifacts from the Titanic wreck being sold. Knowing that he knew how much of a Titanic fan I was, he actually bought one of the original deck chairs from the auction for my 18th birthday! I now got it in my bedroom so I can have a relaxing chair to sit down in whenever I need to rest. Sometimes when I'm sitting in the chair, I feel like I was actually sitting down on it on the titanic back in 1912! It still has the original paint on it and a little smell of sea water. This deck chair he bought costed him a total of $1,000.00 in al! WOW!!!!!!! There is no way I would give this item up for sale unless I had to, but otherwise, no way!!!! This was my best gift ever! Thanks to my uncle for it! Does anybody else have artifacts from Titanic?

Jun 4, 2000
Don, as long as you're able to laugh, all's well that sort of ends well. Good to know it wasn't worse and that nothing unreplaceable was swiped. (Had a good laugh about the Depression glass, as had a similar thing happen to us a while back.)

Shannon, I think you may be lost? It looks like you need one of the Titanic collections threads in either the Marketplace or General Titanica forums.
happy.gif

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
Hey gang!,
Long time no talk! I've moved and been busy but am glad to be back! Just finished reading "The Titanic Disaster Hearings" by Tom Kuntz and it renewed my passion. Also in the move from Portland to Bend my titanic model suffered some mild damage! The bow mast broke and fell across the bridge,talk about irony!!! Anyway, the Marconi wires and hawsers withstood the impact and she is as good as new! Be talking soon.
Don

Don Tweed

May 5, 2002
Thanks Jason,
Nice to be back and see all the old names.
One thing I cannot find is the Today in Titanic History timeline thread. Tarn, I think, use to do it daily. Help please!!!
-Don

Status
Not open for further replies.