Dorothy Gibson

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
Shelley: Briefly, Yes I Do. I just sent you a rather long e-mail off board, but am not sure it actually went through. If in fact it didn't, let me know and I'll try to recreate it. JIM

Nov 27, 2005
That would be some role as my reference book indicates she is dead. Of course, Hermione could do some up close and personal research with dear mama Pauline - that is if they are in the same place! But why stop with that lady, why not have her go through Phil's unknowns and bring back some ghost-hand information. Seriously, she was a great actress . . . and then there's Maude . . . (words from the theme song for those who don't remember or lack re-runs) herself - Bea Arthur although I think she is a pretty gracious lookinglady. Enough

Jim Kalafus

Dec 3, 2000
BEATRICE ARTHUR! A great choice, but also perfectly suited to the murderous Chalotte Shelby (Minter). Dixie Carter as Dorothy Gibson? Interesting choice.....I might have gone with someone who, like Dorothy, is not ideally photogenic and who carries about them a slight touch of menace....probably Tori Spelling. I see by this week's Enquirer that The Landers Sisters are making a comeback (at last) and I hope that they can somehow be fit in to the Titanic part of this projected film. Jusy Landers as the Countess of Rothes with Audrey playing Miss Cherry might be just the vehicle they are seeking.