Dr Ballard's Presentation

Dawnf28

Apr 15, 2019
Mississippi
Here are a few pictures from last night. I wasn't able to meet him to have him sign my book unfortunately but the auditorium was packed. He mostly talked about his recent projects, and mentioned Titanic very little which was disappointing. He is working with the university's oceanography department on an upcoming project, the nautilus website will be up soon with updates. I'm glad I went but I wish he had talked more about Titanic. LOL

Dawn

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 14, 2005
Glad you got to go. Yeah sometimes you expect Cheerios and you get Corn Flakes. I've been to concerts that were like that. I'm sure it was interesting none the less. Its been almost 35 years since he discovered the wreck. He might be burnt out on it so to speak. I've really like the stuff he's done in the Med and the Black Sea recentley.

Reactions: 1 user

Dawnf28

Apr 15, 2019
Mississippi
Glad you got to go. Yeah sometimes you expect Cheerios and you get Corn Flakes. I've been to concerts that were like that. I'm sure it was interesting none the less. Its been almost 35 years since he discovered the wreck. He might be burnt out on it so to speak. I've really like the stuff he's done in the Med and the Black Sea recentley.
Oh yeah I have too. It was interesting but the title of the forum was "Finding the Titanic and Other Tales of the Sea" so I expected a little more than a mention. Either way it was interesting and I'm glad we went.

aerofool

Aug 21, 2019
Mississippi
you have to understand that he has not been heavily involved in the Titanic for over a decade, if not longer. I am sure, it was still a thrill to get to see him!

Dawnf28

Apr 15, 2019
Mississippi
Oh yeah I know, it was just odd since the presentation was called Finding the Titanic and other Tales of the Sea. He literally spent less than 5 minutes on it. lol