Dr Cullimore's Metal Samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I recall one of the Discovery Channel documentaries on the wreck showing Dr.Cullimore placing a metal plaque full of metal samples near the stern of the Titanic. His aim was to return a year later to see how the samples had decayed, or survived. Did he ever return to collect the samples?

Best wishes

Paul

rene bergeron

Jun 16, 2001
Hi Paul, Dr. Cullimore has returned to Titanic to see some of his samples. Also when Cameron returned to Titanic, to film Ghost Of The Abyss, Roy could not make the trip, so his assistant, Lori Johnson went for him and did more research. I was talking to Roy in 2002 and he also told me that most of his samples were to be a long term test and had to be on Titanic for many more years. Hope this Help. Rene Bergeron

R

Ricci Therese Hunt

hi,
I'm doing a project on the rusticles that form on the Titanic. I have just recently watched the movie ghosts of the abyss and there was a microbiologist on there named lori johnson. I was wondering if any one knows of a way where i can contact her to ask her for more info about rusticles. thanks so much. ~yellowpuff2004

R

Ricci Therese Hunt

Thank you so much Rene I really appreciate it. I'll check my mail ASAP. Thanks so much.
Ricci

R

Ricci Therese Hunt

Rene, i checked my mail the other day which was a week later you told me about her e-mailing me and she didn't e-mail me. i was wondering if maybe you could tell me somehing...In the book the ghost of the titanic, i was told that there is information saying that the rusticles forming on the titanic have some type of chemical or poison that can possibly cure cancer and other similar diseases. i was wondering if you could some how give me proof of that since i am having problems with finding that in the book and i only have a 4 days to finish this project and that is the only info i need. thanks so much. Ricci

Status
Not open for further replies.