Drain the Titanic

I'm currently (suffering) watching Titanic: the new evidence, but after this is a documentary called 'Drain The Titanic', was wondering if anyone had seen this one and their thoughts.

Cheers, Shannon :)

I've seen them both. While drain the Titanic did have some interesting graphics neither one of those documentaries made an impression on me. The first one should have been titled...Titanic: the new made up evidence.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with you there, I ended up watching Drain The Titanic and it didn't really cover anything that I didn't already know, but the graphics were good though.

I agree with you there, I ended up watching Drain The Titanic and it didn't really cover anything that I didn't already know, but the graphics were good though.
There are some good documentaries out there and not just on Titanic but other shipwreck disasters as well. I've found many on YouTube. A lot of the recent ones like others have said before me are just mainly rehash with nothing really new. When the J.C. Titanic craze was at its height there were a lot of cheap really bad DVD's on Titanic that came out..people cashing in. In the last few months I've watched some Youtube videos on Lusitania and The Empress of Ireland that were really good. Recommended by other posters here.

Tim Aldrich

Wasn't "Titanic: The New Evidence" the one where the narrator said "Did Titanic have a fatal flaw?" every 30 seconds?

WentHulk

I would like to hear an experts opinion on how the ship's stern could have corkscrewed down and hit the bottom if the ship broke up 3 quarters of the way down.

Kyle Naber

It surprised me how they could come up with a scenario in which the ship broke up under the surface, but as many as 13 people explicitly said the ship broke in half.

BigELR

I’m with everyone else. How could the ship have broken up under the surface and the stern was able to corkscrew and hit the bottom faster. The Drain the Titanic documentary stated the bow hit at 35mph (maybe 25 if I’m wrong) and the stern hit at 54mph in a corkscrew and swiped along the ocean floor. Makes no sense if the ship broke in two over a mile down.

I’m with everyone else. How could the ship have broken up under the surface and the stern was able to corkscrew and hit the bottom faster. The Drain the Titanic documentary stated the bow hit at 35mph (maybe 25 if I’m wrong) and the stern hit at 54mph in a corkscrew and swiped along the ocean floor. Makes no sense if the ship broke in two over a mile down.
but yet dishes and other things are intact. I heard eggs are still intact

RiffRanger

I just watched this for the first time and I found it offensively dismissive of survivor testimony. It's a prime example of the modern "WHAT REALLY SANK THE TITANIC?!?!" sensationalist documentaries. Stating poorly-researched "theories" as absolute fact is dangerous, particularly when they run counter to actual eyewitness accounts and actual science beyond "this is what I think it looks like."

I also couldn't handle how inaccurate their animation model of the ship was.