Drain the Titanic

Kyle Naber

I just watched this for the first time and I found it offensively dismissive of survivor testimony. It's a prime example of the modern "WHAT REALLY SANK THE TITANIC?!?!" sensationalist documentaries. Stating poorly-researched "theories" as absolute fact is dangerous, particularly when they run counter to actual eyewitness accounts and actual science beyond "this is what I think it looks like."

I also couldn't handle how inaccurate their animation model of the ship was.

It’s also so weird how they state that the best vantage point for the breakup is ON the boat deck of the ship. That makes absolutely no sense.

but yet dishes and other things are intact. I heard eggs are still intact
Not doubting you read that somewhere but is that even possible? Maybe a quirk of physics...equal pressure on all sides? Seems to me that the critters down there would like a little calcium in there diet. Would be interesting for the next expedition to take down a carton of eggs to see what happens. Titanic baluts. I can see it now. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 user
Not doubting you read that somewhere but is that even possible? Maybe a quirk of physics...equal pressure on all sides? Seems to me that the critters down there would like a little calcium in there diet. Would be interesting for the next expedition to take down a carton of eggs to see what happens. Titanic baluts. I can see it now. Cheers.
Yeah now that I think of that its probably not true, haha. Although there are still intact champagne and medicine bottles undamaged.

Thanks Steven, as always!

Yeah now that I think of that its probably not true, haha. Although there are still intact champagne and medicine bottles undamaged.

Thanks Steven, as always!
Yes there are lots of artifacts that hold up well. Gold, glass and ceramics seem to last forever. I've seen 2500 year old amphora and pottery that looked almost new after being recovered. Cheers.