Duties of Sallie Daniels

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
Was Sallie Daniels just Bess Allison's maid or was she a nanny to Loraine as well? I would say Cleaver was the nanny to both, but it has been alleged otherwise in Hustak's book.

Gavin Bell

Dec 12, 1999
I was of the impression that Sallie Daniles was nursemaid to Loraine and that Alce Catherine Cleaver was nursemaid to Trevor -- I may be wrong. Do you know what became of Sarah Daniels after the disaster?

Cameron Bell

H

HJCA

Sarah/Sallie Daniels and Alice Cleaver both survivied the disaster.

Sarah/Sallie Daniels was the maid to the Allisons. Alice Cleaver was nanny to both Trevor and Lorraine.

There is no data on what happened to Ms. Daniels after the disaster. It is likely that she was dismissed, along with Alice Cleaver, by the Allison family, found employment elsewhere, then got married and later died without ever mentioning that she was on the Titanic.

John Clifford
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
USA

D

Daniel Rosenshine (Danielr)

Quite possible that John Clifford is right. On the Carpathis, Miss Daniels signes as Mrs Allison's maid. Perhpas she was the maid to Mrs Allison and not a nanny to Lorraine.

Daniel.

Dec 13, 1999
Michael and others: I have always heard Sarah Daniels as Mrs Allison's personnal maid, and Alice Cleaver as a nanny employed to take care of the Allisons' children.

Charles