Edith Brown Haisman

jenny

Jun 24, 2009
Hello, I have seen Edith In Titanic documentaries but I have never seen her as a young girl, are they're going to be any photos of her soon in her biography? thank you. Jenny

M

markbray

Hey Jenny,
If you go to your library there will probably be a book called "Titanic:Women and Children First" I have it...great book. It might be "Titanic Women and Children Only," I forget. But in the book it had a photos of Edith Haisman. I have a couple old age photos and I might have a younger one. Send me your email address and I will see what I can do.

Mark

D

David Haisman

Hello Jenny and Mark,

Should you wish for any further information please email me.
Yours Sincerely,
David Haisman

V

Victoria Carter

Does anyone ave any information or photos on Edith Eileen Brown?

Thanks, Victoria

D

David Haisman

Hello Victoria,

If you would like to e-mail me privately I may be able to help you.

Yours Sincerely,

David Haisman

Andrew Y Liu

Sep 4, 2006
I recently found an obituary of Edith Brown Haisman. It said she married and had 10 children and more than 40 grandchildren. Are any of them still living? and are they doing well?

[Moderator's Note: Three separate threads related to Mrs. Haisman have been merged. MAB]

Feb 7, 2005
Hi, Andrew! David Haisman has contributed an excellent article about his mother, Edith Brown Haisman, to the current issue of "Voyage," the quarterly journal of the Titanic International Society (#57, Autumn 2006). The article is a follow-up to his 1999 biography of his mother, "I'll Meet You In New York." Both are excellent sources of information for those interested in Mrs. Haisman and her Titanic experience.

As you can see, the post immediately above yours is from Mr. Haisman himself, so perhaps he'll pop in and answer your questions.

Denise

Andrew Y Liu

Sep 4, 2006
Oh thanks Denise. But Mr. Haisman isn't a member and I don't think he posts here anymore. Well, i think there is a website that is related to Edith Haisman.

Mauro Zungri

Nov 2, 2004
In the section “To New Itme on ET”￾ has I articulate sobnre the death of Edith Haisman of a periodic one without identifying. That periodic one is the New York Time, I have the original one in my power

Andrew Y Liu

Sep 4, 2006
o cool, are there any books by David Haisman that are related to Edith Haisman? I heard he wrote a book called" See You In New York". Are there any other books related to Edith Haisman?

Mauro Zungri

Nov 2, 2004
I need to contact to David Haisman by a question and it requests that it does it to its personal email, but he himself not this in ET. as I connect myself with? Jeny, Mark and Victory Carter my email is yoelzungri@hotmail.com please I need aid.
PLEACE!!! help!

Andrew Y Liu

Sep 4, 2006
Hello all,
I would like to take this time to remember Edith Brown Haisman. If she were still alive today, she would be 110 years old. She survived the Titanic disaster at the age of 15 in Lifeboat 14 with her mother but lost her father. Her father waved to them saying, "So long, I will see you in New York" and that was the last time she saw him. She even went back to the Titanic wreck site to remember her father in 1996. In January 1997, she passed away at the age of 100 and was reunited with her beloved family at last.

[Moderator's notes: 1. This post, originally posted in a separate thread has been moved to here. 2. Do not start a new thread when there is already an existing one. JDT]

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Andrew, I remember when Edith died; she was one of the many survivors I had hoped I would meet someday.

In August 1997 I briefly met her daughter, and she accepted some flowers to place at her mother's grave.

Then in November 1997, Edith's name was among the many read during the annual All Souls Mass held at my church (to honor those who died in the previous year). A copy of the church program was forwarded to Edith's daughter, who was quite pleased.

Aug 2, 2006
being an older man and considering his so called vanishing from cyber space is it clear if he is even still alive? Do her other children wish to be contacted or would prefer to be left alone?

Andrew Y Liu

Sep 4, 2006
Hello Grant,
i do not think any of her children wish to be contacted except for David. She had 10 children 5 of whom are still alive. Do you want to contact David? he is a kind person.

Aug 2, 2006
Hi Andrew,
I would like to contact David do you have his contact information? If so is he ok with you sharing it?
Thanks,
Grant