Edith Russell Article An ET Research Plea

D

Dr. Douglas B. Willingham

Hey, Randy!

I add my congratulations on the Edith Russell research project and look forward to seeing it in whatever publication or final form it takes. Your reputation for solid research and a highly entertaining writing style (no doubt due in part to your passion and affection for your subjects) ensure another hit.

Your fans await!

Warmest regards,

Doug

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Add me to the number who are waiting for the pubication of this work. At seven chapters, it's probably too long for ET, but George's idea of publication as a full length book sounds like a winner!

Shelley Dziedzic

Shelley Dziedzic

Hurray! Great news to start the week- and I agree,Edy deserves a beautiful book complete with photos. Those working gals who had the grit and brains to make it in the business world of 1912 deserve top billing. And now -how about the divine Mrs. Harris?

R

Randy Bryan Bigham

Hi everybody -

Re: an Edy book?

'Fraid not folks. At least at this time an article is about all I can manage. I'm still worrying about trying to get Lucile published, a constant up and down thing. But I really do thank you all for the kind comments.

Btw, got word from Hind The Great that he's ok with running the Edith Russell piece as an ET article which I appreciate much.

Cheers!

Randy

PS) Rene Harris is next, then Helen Candee and finally Dorothy Gibson and that probably will be the end of my foray into "Titanic Lady" bios.

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Okay...if Phil's willing to put it up, I'm certainly willing to give it the once over thoroughly. Randy, I hope you'll consider building on what you've done for book publication. Seems you put a lot of hard work into this.

A

Arne Mjåland

I have mentioned it in an Alfred Nourney thread here about one and a half year ago that Deutsceh Rundfunk sells a wideo with about 30 minutes about Alfred, and 10 minutes about Edith Russell. It may be the only TV interview with her which is kept?. The price for the video was about 50 euro.

R

Randy Bryan Bigham

Arne,

My apologies for not mentioning your help with that Edith Russell TV segment! I am so sorry. I do much appreciate your putting me in touch with the company that sells that video. I have purchased it and hope to show it to those interested at the Titanic Texas Weekend coming up.

Michael,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. If the article can be made into a book someday that would of course be great. The publishing road is a hard and tricky one and personally I'm flat tuckered out! As to my putting a lot of hard work into the Edy thing - well, I have enjoyed it, so I've not thought of it as hard. Spending days at a library making notes from old newspapers and magazines and books is just my affair. I'm thrilled by each new discovery, whether it's an article or photo or whatever it may be. Also, because of a tiring job I can't devote myself for any length of time to these projects which is why they all drag out so long!

Randy

PS)I should also thank Mark Chirnside for all his help in unraveling the many stories Edy told of her other "shipwrecks." I think we've decided she was telling the truth about half the time!

Kate Bortner

Kate Bortner

Randy I am honored at being included in your group of supporters. Congratulations on finishing. I am sooooooo excited to read it. You'll be bringing it to Texas, right????
Congrats, dollface!
-kate.

B

Ben Holme

Can't wait for the finished article, Randy! Having seen first hand what a wealth of material you have relating to these ladies, I'm sure you'll do their stories great justice.

Excellent line-up of "Titanic dames" to tackle, too. Here's hoping you'll find other interesting research targets once the Gibson story has been told!

Best Wishes,
Ben

R

Randy Bryan Bigham

Miss Kate -

"...Randy I am honored at being included in your group of supporters..."

Oh dear there's no honor in being a supporter of mine!
Happy

"...You'll be bringing it to Texas, right????..."

But I AM in Texas, Kate, I AM!

Ben,

You're way to kind m'friend. But thanks. Yes, the "Titanic dames" I'm drawn to are a pretty cool bunch. I mean can you imagine sitting at a table with those ladies? A man would either be flattered to pieces or torn to shreds!

Best to you both,
Randy

Tracy Smith

Tracy Smith

Thanks very much for your kind words, Randy. I would love to see this project turn into a book and I look forward to reading it.

You, too, have been of invaluable help to me, sharing your thoughts and insights about Stanley Lord.

Shelley Dziedzic

Shelley Dziedzic

I see in my crystal ball, a best-selling volume by RBB entitled, " Titanic Career Women"- or something catchier when we can come up with it- the Last Word on Titanic's working gals- chock full of toothsome photos of our intrepid ladies, including La Belle Lucile, Our Edy, Renee, and why not Mrs. Candee- also a clever writer!...The first volume off the press(lavender binding with silver script featuring cameo-framed portraits of our ladies)I will be awaiting, for autographing by the author! We will all haunt you until this is a fait accompli!

Kate Bortner

Kate Bortner

I want to play Edy in the movie version!!!
Yes Randy, my love, you are in Texas. Such a sassy man you are. You KNOW what I mean. And get over yourself; there is great honor in being your friend and I (amongst many others) take great pride in it.
(say something sarcastic to that one big fella!;>)

A

Andrew Maheux

Shelley,

In the words of Randy towards Phil Gowan's book...

"It will be bound in gold and jewels with silken pages and velvet insets"

I may not "talk alot" anymore because I've been so busy, but I observe and I have to say that Randy has done a wonderful job researching these ladies and it definitely shows. I totally honour and respect the hard work that you've done.

My Best Andrew Maheux