Edwina Celia Troutt

• Thread starter Magda Natalia Piotrowska
  • Start date

Mauro Zungri

Nov 2, 2004
Welcome on board cindy: From Argentina the greeting and I request excuses to him by my English. I am to its availability by any doubt.

Feb 3, 2007
I am the grandniece of Edwina Troutt and would be happy to answer any questions. I knew her fairly well and wear the 2 carat diamond she was given by her first husband, Alfred. She led a very interesting life. ellen

Reactions: 1 users

Mauro Zungri

Nov 2, 2004
I am Mauro Zungri of Argentina and between the lives that always I am interested of the Titanic this the one of Mrs. Troutt. I would like to know if she sometimes I speak of the Edgardo Andrews from Argentinean or my uncle James Vivian Drew.
Sorry my English

I am so glad to have found this site. I did not know about Edwina until the 1970s when a neighbor brought me a copy of "Guideposts" magazine with an article that she had written. I wrote to the magazine requesting that they forward my letter to her and they did. She responded and it was wonderful to hear from her. We kept contact for several years after that. I am researching to see if there is an ancestral link as Troutt is an alternate spelling of our family name.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hello, Edwina. If you're working on your pedigree, I recommend www.familysearch.org. I have been working for a company that specializes in family name histories and coats of arms and this website is one of our resources for information. It's a FREE genealogy source which is currently undergoing revamping, so that when the website is relaunched in December, it will be easier to navigate and obtain your family tree and you'll find an explosion of new information. By the way, this is the website where Ancestry.com gets all their information--only you have to pay for it there. And no, Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org are not both owned by the Mormons. (It's a BIG myth--the Mormons do not want to be associated with Ancestry.com.) The LDS church runs FamilySearch.org, but they won't bother you with proselytizing. They will be very helpful to you, though, if you get stuck trying to navigate or figure out records.

Kyrila

Jul 4, 2016
Hello to everyone following the Edwina C Trout, Titanic personality.
I had the pleasure of personally meeting Edwina in Australia in 1981. This was in Queensland and in a suburb of Brisbane called Mt Gravatt. She was staying with neighbors of mine. I came home from work(I was in the Airforce) and the family I lived with said," Go up the road and meet a lady from the Titanic."
Which I promptly did. She was so spritely and alive and I had no idea at the time that she was 97 years old !!.
She excitedly told us of her ordeal and to confirm that she too told me she was on lifeboat 13. She said they sung a song on the lifeboat called, " row for the shore Sailor, row for the shore" she then commenced singing it for us. I had a small bottle of beer in my hand when I went up to meet her. She saw it in my hand and asked what it was. I told her, "it's beer". She then exclaimed, "Beer"! Then she commenced to sing, " Beer, Beer, Glorious Beer !!" A song she must have known from her past.
I'm am speaking the truth to you all. It was such an entertaining moment. We had our photo taken together which I still have to this day. This was only three years before she passed away, and she's travelling to Australia ! Along with the photo, she also wrote on a piece of paper to go with the photo: Edwina C MacKenzie ( nee Trout )
2nd Class Passenger RMS TITANIC
oldest surviving passenger. " it's Great to be Alive "
The following day my neighbors who she stayed with, contacted a Brisbane TV station and they came out, ran an interview with her for a current affairs program. They produced a wonderful story that night, with clips from archive footage etc, and she sang row for the shores while they played the clips as part of the recording. They then treated her like a VIP taking her around Brisbane the next few days.
A truly inspiring woman to meet and meant so much to me to meet her at the time.

Reactions: 1 user