Edwina Troutt's lifeboat

• Thread starter Magda Natalia Piotrowska
  • Start date

M

Magda Natalia Piotrowska

In which lifeboat was Edwina Troutt rescue? In many sources I found different boats: 13, 16 or collapsible D. Please help me!

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Magda!

Don Lynch (who knew Edwina and the details of her story better than anyone else) believes that she was in Collapsible D instead of boat #13. Don once told me that he'd like to write a brief essay for my website detailing the evidence pertaining to Edwina's lifeboat, so I'll let the ET board know when (or if) he gets around to writing the article in question.

All my best,

George

M

Magda Natalia Piotrowska

Thanks greatly, Manuel and George!
Regards,
Magda

Dec 6, 2000
Hi George, Manda, Manuel,

I believe that Winnie was in boat 16. Althought I no longer recall her exact wording; I remember Winnie saying to me that the man in charge of her lifeboat was the Master-At-Arms, Mr Bailey.

Hope that helps,
Lester

George Behe

Dec 11, 1999
Hi, Lester!

Edwina told me about Bailey, too. (When Don and I visited Bailey's daughter in England, she also mentioned that her father was in #16.) I don't know everything that Don knows about Edwina, though, so I'll wait to see what he has to say about the matter.

All my best,

George

Dec 6, 2000
George I have just re-checked and the info I had that Bailey was in boat 16 comes from Gracie. See page 171.

With my best wishes,
Lester