ELEGANCE at seaand home

Jan 29, 2001
Hello:

Yesterday, a patron of the establishment where I am employed, a "spec-builder" from Lake Tahoe informed me..."Mike...are you aware of the home (30,000 sq. ft) that Tommy Hilfeger's C.E.O. built at Tahoe (Zephyer Cove, Just a quaint 10 mile ascent of Spooner summit from C.C.) My reply..."Sure, it's private sentry and all!". (Patron) "Yeah, but did you know of the TITANIC grand staircase incorporated into the home, the dome and all. At a cost of $2,000,000?"

(ME) "Whoooooooa....the leaded glass, the ballustrades, the panelling & moldings...everything?"

(PATRON - also a Mike :) "Identical replica!!"

Knowing of my sincere interest (BTW, Mike stopped me dead in my track of work duties :), I pleaded..."With your connection, could you aquire a photo for me?"

Knowing of my sincere interest...he replied.."I will do what I can".

Enough said...:)

Michael A. Cundiff
Carson City, NV
(Ever so grateful 'ol man winter has made his apperance in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Tenacity is rejuvenated!!! For those whom work outdoors...ya know what I'm talkin' about...:) In a sense, 14 degree can offer comfort to some, just as 102 degree offers comfort to others.)

May 8, 2001
Well Mike, you have all year to figure out exactly what costume to dress up in for next Holloween and make sure you borrow a bunch of neighbor kids to collect their treats, so you can stand back and will have an extra glimpse at the door! if that fails... one of the little ones can rehearse hollering "I GOT to go.... I GOTTA go....unnnnncle Miiiiiike, I GOTTA GO!"
;-)

Jan 29, 2001
Morning Colleen:

It is a matter of making it past the sentry.

During the construction of the home, on your drive from Tahoe to Carson City, you could see the security entrance right off of Hwy. 50. Word spread it was Hilfeger or an associate that was building a home of TITANIC proportions! But yesterday was the first I heard that, indeed a TITANIC staircase was included.

I asked the patron of previous mention..."Is he a TITANIC enthusiast, or is it just that he appreciates the elegance?"...

...it's the elegance.

Colleen...hmmmmm...that's a thought...perhaps if I played an October sentry...I could get a peak inside...;-)

Michael A. Cundiff
USA