Elizabeth Cutler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
G'day Liz -

Unfortunately I'm not going to be back in Oz in April (although there is a slim chance I might have to make a flying visit Down Under early next year), but perhaps you could arrange to meet up with Andrew and Daniel? I did so on my last visit home, and they're friendly, fascinating individuals who have both contributed a good deal to Titanic research. They're both contributers to this board, but I don't know if they read every thread - posting a message in their 'introduction' threads would draw their attention! Otherwise, I'd be happy to drop emails to them suggesting you all get in contact.

~ Inger

E

elizabeth cutler

Inger i did not mean i may see you in oz the way you should have read it was that i may see you in the UK. LIZ.

GEOFF thank you i did receive your message

need about two weeks before i am really sure, I think i will be there though.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Liz - tremendous to hear that there's a decent chance we might be seeing you in Blighty. Hope you're planning on being at the BTS convention. Would also very much enjoy meeting up with you in London. Here's hoping that your plans for a trip over here come to fruition, and if there's anything I can do on the UK side to facilitate your visit please drop me an email.

~ Inger

E

elizabeth cutler

INGER,
hi again,how sweet of you,,to offer assistance should we come over, (i hope, how i hope)we will make it. We will be going to Cornwall and driving up to Southampton,we will probably catch up with you there, I have a friend at Horsham, West Sussex, we will be paying her a visit, and then back to Cornwall, where i have a sister and brother, and quite a few cousins. By the way when you get back to Oz don't forget to let me know and i will bake you an authentic Cornish pasty.What do you think of that??Liz.

E

elizabeth cutler

INGER
I was just scrolling through some messages and came across one dated sept.6, 2001, about an article you wrote on Robert Hichens in the ADB would it be correct of me to ask you how i could get a copy of it.Also the interview you spoke of about him visiting the family of a crewman victim.
thanking you LIZ. what is the ADB??

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
G'day Liz -

I'll see if I can dig up my copy of the text of the article on Hichens for the "Atlantic Daily Bulletin" (ADB) - the journal of the British Titanic Society. If I can't find and email it tonight I'll do so in the next couple of days (I'm travelling up North tomorrow on a research related mission). I'll also find and transcribe the Hichens article for you as soon as I get a chance.

Looking forward to seeing you in Southampton next year!

~ Inger

K

Kathy A. Miles

Hi folks, I just joined the board today, although I've come to the website many, many times. I've been interested in Titanic since I was a kid. I've published some papers on the topic and I love researching Titanic. I also do woodburning and have done a few Titanics. My specific interests are construction/operation and crew. I think this board is a great idea and will prove to be a priceless asset.

E

elizabeth cutler

Geoff would you please let me know where I will find all the information about the convention in Southampton in April,dates etc.etc.as we will be there and about the banquet? is it formal? My husband wants to know if he will be able to wear his board shorts and thongs!!!Thanks, Elizabeth cutler, you can call me Liz. HAPPY NEW YEAR..

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Elizabeth - Lol! I hope all our international membership knows what an Aussie means by 'thongs'! I've had some interesting conversations in the past with American and British friends who didn't realise I was discussing footwear. Matters always took an even more intriguing turn if I referred to 'rubber thongs'.

Geoff can give you the exact details, but it's in April - more a call for cardies than stubbies!

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Regarding 'thongs' - actually, this is also a matter of age. When I was a teenager (roughly between puberty and the Bronze Age) rubber sandals or 'beach shoes' (flip-flops) were called 'Thongs'. You can imagine my suprise, not that long ago, when someone mentioned wearing a thong swim suit. For some reason, I pictured them getting a boot up the...well, you get the idea.

Happy New Year, y'all

Best regards,
Cook

Dec 13, 1999
Elizabeth, I'll email you over the dates. Unfortunately all the rooms at the Hilton are long gone but if you need somewhere to stay locally, the hotel management are coming up with some addresses.
You'll be able to see Cook in his thong during the Gala Dinner - not a pleasant sight! and afterwards we might even get him to stand up and thing a thong for us!

Geoff

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Have no fear, Elizabeth, I shall remain fully clothed at all times, I don't care HOW the betting is going! In spite of what this Whitfield person is saying, I was voted 'Best Dressed' in my class in college. And, I can truthfully say, anyone who has ever seen me can attest that I am at my best dressed.

Happy and safe New Year to one and all,
Sir Percy Cook, esq. (formerly Helen)

Dec 13, 1999
Oh no! Cook's not "coming out" yet again is he? We all have to revert to calling him "Helen" at these times. College days eh! All I managed was a diploma from Montmorencys Finishing School For The Offspring of Distressed Gentlefolk (almost forgot my certificate in pottery) - people always need pots!
Congratulations on your birthday Cook (or should it be Rip van Winkle Cook?) I have a birthday this year too!

Geoff

E

elizabeth cutler

Geoff, (Sir Percy Cook? Helen? ) I am missing something, please tell me???)I gave up smoking three years ago, and went thru terrible withdrawals, I got over that now I get withdrawals worse if I stay away from this board for more than a day, I love it, its great fun, you lovely people.Looking forward to meeting as many of you as we can in April. By the way Inger don't you like cornish pasties? love ya's all, Elizabeth.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Love the old Cornish pasties, although now that I'm back in training I'm trying to keep off them (walked into a shop in York last week with someone who was determined to indulge...walking out empty-handed was a supreme act of self-denial).

Glancing through the thread, I see I made a committment to send you some material right around when the Christmas rush started...now that things are settling back into routine and I'm back to work today, I'll see what I can do about digging them up!

E

elizabeth cutler

Inger, I dare you to be in denial when you see my cornish pasties, I make REAL CORNISH PASTIES,not those pretend ones you buy in the shops. Liz.Bye my git beauty (thats Newlyn speak) LIZ.

J

Jemma Hyder

Please stop talking about food!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be sorry if I never ate again I've been such a pig over xmas!

Ian Bland

Sep 20, 2001
Inger

After seeing how keen he was to indulge in a chip shop in Hull, I can only wonder about Cornish pasties.....

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Liz - You wicked voice of temptation! Nothing topples me from the pedestal of virtuous abstention quicker than an offer of the real deal in home cooked food - that's something I can't resist.

Ian - ah, but you were the one who lured us in there! He misses the good solid stodge we have in such lovely plentitude over here. I'm afraid my holier-than-thou airs were entirely unjustified, as I think I ploughed through three fish and chip dinners while we were on the coast (ate my weight in mushy peas alone, I'm sure).

Jemma - It comes but once a year, and I did make a stab at getting out for a couple of runs including a glorious one on Christmas Morning that saw me battling the headwinds around Scarborough's marine drive, dodging the surf crashing over the road in the high seas, to struggle to the top of the headland and pause just a minute by Anne Bronte's grave to enjoy a dazzling view. I'm sure you'll be up for more pints by the time we meet up!

J

Jemma Hyder

Inger you put me to shame, I think i managed about four sit ups one night over xmas until I got distracted (Probably by something shiny) and gave up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.