Engineer Arthur Bryan

P

Penny Grocott

Hi, wonder if anybody can help me.
I am looking for Arthur BRYAN (nickname Mortboys) who was an engineer on the Titanic, for my family tree. I know he was on the Titanic because my great grandmother had a letter and compensation. The only problem is I cannot find him on any crew lists, I have even checked the passenger lists!
Can anyone explain why??
Thanks
Penny

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
If you can't find him on the crew lists (We have one here on ET that can be accessed through the index page.) then it's a good bet he wasn't really there. There's a lot of that going around unfortunately. Bogus Titanic crewmen/passengers are as thick as fleas. Either that or he signed on using an assumed name.

Have you seen this letter for yourself?

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

P

Penny Grocott

Hi Michael,
No I havent seen this letter but my cousin says that she has. I dont feel as if I can ask her to see it though - because it looks like I don't beleive her - which I have to admit I dont! I have for a long time thought that he couldnt have been on the Titanic. Thanks for you help
Penny

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
No problem. If you have any doubts, you can always go through our crew lists yourself. They've been pretty thoroughly researched by some of the best researchers in the Titanic community.

Regarding the letter, you might try to find some innocuous and offhand way of bringing it up during the course of a conversation. You never know until you try.
wink.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

P

Penny Grocott

Already beat you to it Michael!
I did ask if I could see it only to be told noone has except my great grandmother because it was burnt - Just confirms my suspicions even more now!
Looks like Mr Bryan is pretty untraceable
Best wishes
Penny