Eric Brown Me Myself and Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Eric Brown

Jun 5, 2005
I've had this site on my favorites for a long time and thought I should finally join the message board. You guys have interesting discussions and I thought I could contribute my knowledge on the subject. Though I am young (I turn 16 in three days), I have done a lot of research on the subject. I've been fascinated with the Titanic since I was 8 years old. A model of the ship sits on a shelf in my room. I have a framed, larger-than-life copy of the New York Times article the day after the disaster hanging on my wall. I've written a fictional short story about it. I have many obsessions but this was my first and will always be one. I crave new information about it. Something I don't know. I have always been interested in subjects about which little is known. I hope to get to the bottom of some of the biggest mysteries still surrounding the most famous ship of all time.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I hope to get to the bottom of some of the biggest mysteries still surrounding the most famous ship of all time.<<

You came to the right place then. Delving into the real world accident as opposed to the myth that has grown up around it is part of what this forum is all about.

T. Eric Brown

Jun 5, 2005
Thanks for the welcome. It's good to know that there are so many people who know a lot about the ship. I've gotten to the point where I'm trying to sift through the facts that I know to reach the ones that I don't and I think that ET is just the place to do it. Random thought: Does anyone know how Chief Officer Wilde died? All I've been able to come up with is myths and speculation.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Does anyone know how Chief Officer Wilde died? All I've been able to come up with is myths and speculation.<<

I'm afraid you'll see a lot of that. Breaks of the game when two out of every three people on that ship took their stories with them to a cold and watery grave. They just can't speak for themselves, and the ones left who do speak aren't always reliable. The best of all primary sources available can be found by way of the Inquiry transcripts at The Titanic Inquiry Project. At least these have the virtue of being given under oath which would tend to discourage some fibbing. Not all of it, but some.

T. Eric Brown

Jun 5, 2005
Yeah, that's how it goes. I'd already given up on Sixth Officer Moody. Nobody seems to know what happened to him either. I haven't even heard any decent myths about him. He was the one who answered the phone and said the last thing anybody ever said before all innocence was lost: "What do you see?" Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.