Eric Sauder's Lusitania Books

Cory Lewellen

Apr 12, 2005
i just got a e-mail from Mr. Sauder i asked him on the ETA of the book, and here is what he said:
"As I understand it, my
Lusitania book went to press this week, which means
that, if all goes well, it will be available in the UK
in about five weeks and in the US about four or five
weeks after that."

still a while to wait... it'll be worth it.

Omar Khokhar

Aug 27, 2008
I live in the UK so I e-mailed the publishers "tempus publishing". They replied today:

"This title is due to be released in the middle of October".

May 3, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Notice to those who have ordered.

When you get it please could you post here time, place and date that the book arrived. I am interested to know the different travel times to different places.

thanks

Martin

P.S . a review would be nice too if possible. MOC

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Bob,

Amazon UK have just announced a further delay of 4-6 weeks for this title.
Since it's available from the publisher's website, I can't help thinking that Amazon are mistaken. I know from my own experience that many of Amazon's notices bore little resemblence to reality (in fact I don't know at all where they got some of their information from), and although I don't know about Eric's book, it is published by the same publisher as mine. Reading this thread's earlier posts, there's exactly the same sort of confusion on all sides that I experienced.

Personally, I'd go with the publisher's website (from a speed standpoint), and also because this more direct source works better for the author.

Best wishes,

Mark.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Agreed, Mark - much better to order from Tempus. When Amazon get it wrong (perish the thought!) they do tend to err on the side of optimism :), but it doesn't surprise me at all that the book is available at an earlier date from the publisher. Tempus will make more profit from every copy they sell direct, so it would make sense to give their own retail sales department first crack at the market.

Jan 5, 2001
That's very true, Bob, and I think it's a good proposal all round. An author will do far better from copies of their books sold at more 'local' outlets too, such as the THS's shop. Without the author, no-one would have the book.

Best wishes,

Mark.

May 19, 2002
That would be telling Martin- but just a taste, a complete list of all 1st class passenegrs and cabin allocations along with bedroom stewards

Cliff

Omar Khokhar

Aug 27, 2008
Martin, I ordered mine from the publishers (tempus) on the 2nd November. It arrived today (Nov 7th). I live in the UK.