Erik Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
Good Morning,

I am Erik Wood a Titanic Historian as well as a passenger ship Captain. I would love the opportunity to chat with anybody on the Titanic, answer questions and have some of mine answered.

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Hi, Erik,

Being a passenger ship Captain, you can give us a different view of bridge command, protocol, etc. that we can sure benefit from. We have some seamen here as well who have ALSO been a great help to me and other 'landlubbers'. Glad to meet you, sir.

Best regards,
Cook

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hello again Erik. I'm one of the seamen on the board. Actually a retired U.S. Navy petty officer. Perhaps you could tell us a bit more...like what your ship's name is, who owns her, and where you operate.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
Good Morning,

While I am currently a floater, which means that I go and relieve Captains who need it for a week or so. But currently I am in command of the Mistress of the Sea we anchored this morning in Gibraltar, Spain. This is a world cruise so I should be back in the states in October. The company in Carnival Coporation which owns six or seven other cruise lines and has a fleet of over 70 ships. I work for the coroporation not any one of its baby companies. I have had the pleasure working for Cunard, Costa, and obiviously Carnival. Thanks for the inquiry and you don't need to call me sir.

Erik or Woody is just fine.

M

Michael Salvona

HI ERIK just wondering how your getting on looking for SOS TITANIC found one yet yours michael salvona

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
Hi there Michael,

I still haven't found what I am looking for although I heard a rumor that Camerons movie orginally had alot more of the sinking i.e. what officers did it showed lightoller on the upside down boat and all that. Hear that the unrealeased version with all that is coming out around xmas of 2001.

erik

K

Karen Angstadt

I've been waiting for the new version! In scenes I've seen they show the Straus' on the deck together during the sinking. Karen

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
If an uncut version of Titanic is coming out, then I hope it's as soon as you say. The trouble with Hollywood is that rumors like that start all the time in regards to certain films...especially the really successful ones. You wouldn't happen to have a source for this one, would you?

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

M

Michael Salvona

DEAR ERIK ive got a documentary about the making of CAMERONS movie that shows some of the cut scenes. If theyre bringing out a directors cut that will be superb. i bought the film on wide screen its excelent in surround sound. P.S if you cant get SOS i will keep a blank tape for you. YOURS michael salvona

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
Yeah I couldn't agree more I can't wait to see an uncut version but I want it to be out now not in a year. Plus as someone above stated who knows it might end up being just a bunch of hipe I hope not.

Mr. Standhart the source was on the ABC news the local stuff not national in San Fransisco. I got that via DSS.

Jason thank you for the kind words makes me feel that all of my knowledge (and sometimes lack of it) are welcome here.

Erik

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Hmmmmmmm...I don't watch much broadcast news these days. Isuppose I miss a lot that way. Thanks for the information on the source. Like you, I wish the uncut version was coming out this year, but I guess Paramount wants some time to play it up some.

By the way, is there a website for your current ship somewhere?

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Sep 12, 2000
Dear Erik,
I think you are too modest. You have presented some fairly great advice and knowledge here regarding ships and ship handling. You and Dave, plus some others give this board a qulaity that it could not have otehrwise. The others all have their expertise as well, like Michael and Dean with all that science talk, Shelley and Randy regarding the trhead on fashion....I could go on and on. You are an expert in your field and I am just a stoweaway here...I am glad you post stuff I learn a lot from you!
Maureen.

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
Mo,

You are flattering me and now I am blushing. I do appreicate the very kind words. You are not so bad yourself. You questions sometimes make me look at things in a different light. Usually because I am pig headed and only look at things the way I want to. But you keep me in check.

Michael,

I could not tell if there is or not but I will call the company to see if they have such a thing. You know I just looked at our dinner photos of this cruise the one with me on the cover. I look.....young. Wearing my White Star Line Captains hat with Tie and Captains sweater. I don't know why I just shared that but I did.

Erik

Sep 12, 2000
a hat, tie and sweater....wow, yes, sure Erik post that photo! We ladies promise not to drool, ...openly.
maureen.

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
Hello All,

Trust me you wouldn't be drooling over me. My wife harldy does so I can't imagine why you should. If I had a scanner I most definitly would but if you want I could mail it to you or have my wife mail it to you. My parents have it proudly displayed on the mantle of the fire place which makes me sick.

Erik

Sep 12, 2000
Geoff and George are fighting over who gets the fireplace picture, Ing wants 24 wallets, Shell hasn't placed an order yet ....me...well, I'm waiting for the movie,...

You must have the greatest wife in the world. Being a Captains wife and putting up with all of your ET friends...you are one lucky guy to have found that all in one lovely lady.

have a great day.
Maureen.

Erik Wood

Aug 24, 2000
I don't know if she would agree with you about being lucky but I am very lucky to have her and I love her to death. This is just a guess here but I am willing to bet the Ing doesn't want any pictures of me and she does it isn't to display them.

Erik

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Erik, unless you give yourself facials with a shotgun every morning, I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone being driven away by your photo.

Now me, long hair, beard, and all, I look like somebody on "America's Ten Most Wanted Dead."

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Status
Not open for further replies.