Erin S Jacobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Erin S. Jacobson

Hello all,

My name is Erin S. Jacobson. I'm 19 years old and have been a Titanic fan for almost four years (since fall 1997). I admit, my fascination arose because of the movie (I almost hesitated on mentioning this, as most older diehard fans scoff and say, "Figure. Then you are not a real fan", i.e. other historical films). I saw the movie because of the history/ship, though (I tried telling this to my classmates in a history class during my Senior year of high school, but they just joked and teased me, "Yeah right. You went for Leo. That's why everybody went!"). 1998, though, was the start of my obsession, as I began buying books (and receiving them for Christmas) on the ship. I also began drawing Titanic, although I'm not THAT good.

I joined this wonderful board about fifteen minutes ago, and am astonished by the maturity of you users, especially of the teens I have seen (or read). Sometimes it's very hard to find maturity around my age group, or even above, but it looks like I have found my sanctuary at last.

I enjoy, and look forward, to being a part of this magnificent group.

From,

Erin (or ES, whichever I'm in the mood for)

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
G'Day Erin, and welcome to our nice little corner of the Titanic community. I'm a 41 year old, twenty year Navy vet (Currently retired) who's interest in Titanic started when I was 8 years old thanks to Walter Lord's "A Night To Remember"

If the history, the mystery, the facts, the figures and the controversies interest you, this is the place to be.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
No horses Phil. Oar power.

RAMMING SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Apr 7, 2001
Dave ~ Such a state of mind for a gentleman!!!!! I beg your pardon, sir!!!! (just kiddin, I laughed when I read your post. It's a Good one!)

Erin,

Welcome to the Board. As long as you keep peddlin, you'll be able to keep your head above water here. And don't mind Mr. Gittens, he's had too much ale over yonder and doesn't seem to know how to find his home...

Teri

H

Hayley Victoria Dawson

Hi,
Im 18 just posted a very brief message myself....I got into Titanic when I was a child and my Aunt was telling me about it.The First book i ever had was The Discovery of Titanic..when i was nine it is my most treasured item...

Hayley

Diane Ostrow

May 19, 2001
Hello Erin and welcome aboard! I look forward to reading your posts and maybe seeing one of your drawings some day?
happy.gif

Ahoy!
Diane

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Erin,

Welcome aboard! My interest in the Titanic started when I was 11 years old because of a great book that I got on her and her two sister ships, Olympic and Britannic. I'm now very obsessed and currently own 43 books on the subject, among many other Titanic items!

This is a wonderful website packed with information and lots of people that are very helpful, so you should enjoy it. It's good to hear from you and I look forward to your posts.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.